C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Jet LT1 Stage 2 Chip Nubee question

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 12:14 PM
F1Fan
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Do heads, cam and headers all at the same time if possible.
It'll be the best money you ever spent on it.

Research your components, ie, proper cam selection is critical.

I think it helps if you select your parts together with a specific purpose, ex. track car, drag car, high hp street car etc...

read, read, read and then read some more. This site (and it's archives)is probably the single best place for C4 info I've seen.

Lots of other people's first hand experiences to learn from here!

Enjoy your vette!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

"fill our website up with ****"

You've got free ****?

Last edited by Aardwolf; 10-19-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:40 PM
STL94LT1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Micro-Vette
a custom chip (that he does himself).
He won't be doing a custom chip for your 94. There is no removable chip, the PCM will have to be reprogrammed.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Wildcat1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless he does a piggy back like Jet.

I wouldn't think a 52mm TB would help UNLESS you have nice long tube headers, no cats, and a nice cat-back that flows very well. Mine is straight-thru flow powereffects that's 2.75 inch diameter. If you have air coming in and going out easily, the 52mm TB provides a noticeable gain....even more so after a tune. I couldn't run 7.9s w/o it and I wouldn't dyno what I do w/o it.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:48 PM
arkangel81
Instructor

pcmforless.com is the only way to go... car runs like a @#$ed ape now.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:13 PM
Micro-Vette
Cruising

Originally Posted by Wildcat1
Unless he does a piggy back like Jet.

I wouldn't think a 52mm TB would help UNLESS you have nice long tube headers, no cats, and a nice cat-back that flows very well. Mine is straight-thru flow powereffects that's 2.75 inch diameter. If you have air coming in and going out easily, the 52mm TB provides a noticeable gain....even more so after a tune. I couldn't run 7.9s w/o it and I wouldn't dyno what I do w/o it.
I should mention that the car was given to me in mint condition and has 40K miles on it. It has an automatic trans which, IMO, is the Achilles heel as I figure anything more than 100hp will kill the auto even with a shift kit.

My plan is, engine (long tube headers, vortex intake, cat-back exhaust, new TB, tuning of the PCM while on the dyno), transmission (shift kit), new suspension system (extreme street ), 13" brakes, 18" wheels/tires, Greenwood G4R body (not the Mold Craft bolt on). Honestly, if this car didn't have such a high sentimental value, I'd sell it and buy a Z06.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:41 PM
tarheelracer
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These are character cars. If you said your budget is 10k then you so many options for unbelievable performance gains that it isn't even fair. You'll put any Z06 to shame.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:44 AM
Virginc4r
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So what happened?

Did you add the headers and 52mm and PCM and let Tony tune?

Originally Posted by Micro-Vette
Wow, clearly a lot of good feedback. The shop (and owner) I'm referring to is Tony's Corvette Shop. He basically said what most of you are saying and suggested things like port and polishing, cam, heads, headers, exhaust, and a custom chip (that he does himself). I plan to take the car out there and try to put together a plan on what to do. My family has trusted him for sometime and based on your feedback I think he is pretty much dead on.

Like many here, he also said the TB wouldn't help until I removed a bunch of other restrictions and even then he thought a properly modified stock TB would probably be better. He also said the 52mm BBK TB would not work with the stock intake connection (the rubber hose to the TB). Even if I can't return it, I can probably use it (without any gain perhaps). The MAS, apparently is another story.

Sure wish I found this forum before I started trying to soup up the car...
Old 04-12-2018, 10:59 AM
drcook
Safety Car

Received 959 Likes on 734 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

Originally Posted by Virginc4r
Did you add the headers and 52mm and PCM and let Tony tune?
Don't go holding your breath waiting on a reply from the OP. Look at the dates of the original thread. The OP hasn't been active on the forum (logged in) in 11 years.

Quick Reply: Jet LT1 Stage 2 Chip Nubee question