C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Z-1 Hi performance chip for a 90'.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 05:12 PM
Atlanta 90'
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z-1 Hi performance chip for a 90'.

In which fuse box is the chip install? Any special handling instructions for the chip? The previous owner disengaged the chip and I want to reintall it.
Old 10-08-2001, 05:21 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 149 Posts

Default Re: Z-1 Hi performance chip for a 90'. (Atlanta 90')

In which fuse box is the chip install? Any special handling instructions for the chip? The previous owner disengaged the chip and I want to reintall it.
Umm.. something does not sound right.. Assuming you have a 90 (from your forum name) the Chip (PROM) installs in the ECM under the hood. My guess is the PROM you have replaces the Stock one or piggybacks to it..

Hope this helps
Old 10-08-2001, 05:24 PM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 187 Likes on 170 Posts

Default Re: Z-1 Hi performance chip for a 90'. (Atlanta 90')

The chip (PROM) is in the ECM which is under the hood. You need to disconnect the battery before doing this. Undo the three 10mm nuts holding the ECM in place, turn it over and remove the little cover. The chip is under the cover. Press the two levers at either end of the chip and it will come out. I always do this while my bare arm is in contact with the metal in the car. Don't touch the metal pins on the board or the sockets on the chip. Line up the replacement chip such that the keys line up with the socket. Press into place. As you do, the little levers will swing up and click. If they don't click and the chip is firmly in the socket, then push the pins up to click them. Re-install cover and ECM. Connect battery and start car. All memory will have been lost so things will go into their base mode, for instance the AC will be on and set to 75 degrees when you start the car.
Old 10-21-2001, 10:31 PM
Atlanta 90'
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Z-1 Hi performance chip for a 90'. (vettenuts)

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it goes. Installing new battery and will take advantage of the down time to insall the Z-1 chip.

Any tips on resetting the IAC? It's a little sticky and took two days to reset the last time I disconnected the battery cables.

Get notified of new replies

To Z-1 Hi performance chip for a 90'.

Quick Reply: Z-1 Hi performance chip for a 90'.