C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Jim85IROC
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Lam
Jim85IROC: Please post a note after you install the new Marren Injectors and tell us how they perform in you car. I am often asked what to replace the Multec Injectors used in years 89 - 91. Thanks in advance
The car still isn't back together yet, but I do have some pics of the injectors. I thought that the guy stated these were "new", but judging by their appearance, they sure look like rebuilt yellow top SVOs to me. I find it especially entertaining that the original part number has been melted away.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Wheelman
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is with all the injector scam artist companies around here lately!! I just saw that injectors.com link yesterday and thought to myself "hey, finally another option, maybe they are reputable!"
Apparently not!
Old 05-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Kool88vette
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would send them back. I think some of the dealers are just cleaning and spray painting used injectors.

Last edited by Kool88vette; 05-16-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Jim85IROC
Le Mans Master

I don't have time to keep up this never ending process of injector shopping. The car has been apart for 2 weeks already, and it's going together this weekend.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Kool88vette
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jim85IROC
I don't have time to keep up this never ending process of injector shopping. The car has been apart for 2 weeks already, and it's going together this weekend.
I hope they work out OK. I hate to say this but they look just like used old 24lb. Accels. They were yellow topped too.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Kool88vette
Drifting

Here is a fuzzy photo of 24 lb. Accels. They look identical to me.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:50 AM
bd2626
Drifting

Are these the ones from Merrin? I was on their web site and was considering purchasing a set of injectors!
Old 05-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Jim85IROC
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Kool88vette
Here is a fuzzy photo of 24 lb. Accels. They look identical to me.

There are a lot of injectors that use the exact same shape, including the SVO and Bosch units.

Here is the reply I got from Tim Marren when I asked about them:
Hello Jim,

The injectors we sent are brand new, never been on an engine, injectors.
All Bosch injectors have overspray on them, some are better than others.
As far as the numbers being taken off, we do that because we put our own
part number on them. We know what the injectors flow at a certain
pressure because we test them in our lab.

If for any reason you are not happy, return the injectors and we will
give you a refund on them.

We do not sell used injectors and we certainly would never send a
customer something used, passed off as new.

Thank you

Tim Marren
Marren Fuel Injection
Considering that these guys deal primarily with some high-profile race teams, I'm somewhat inclined to believe what he says. He got back to me right away, which also tells me something. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and will use them. I've talked to him 3 times including this email, and every time he's been quick, helpful, and has given me no reason to doubt that he's telling the truth.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Kool88vette
Drifting

I don't buy it. Why would he check brand new Bosch injectors in his lab to see what they flow like? Sorry , but they are not new.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Jim85IROC
Le Mans Master

I don't buy it. Why would he check brand new Bosch injectors in his lab to see what they flow like? Sorry , but they are not new.
According to what he told me when I initially called, for a premium I could have bought a flow-matched set. I believe that he flows some of them and builds matched sets. The cheaper ones are the same injectors, but just get his sticker and get shipped in sets of 8 with no testing.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:21 PM
NHCorvette
Advanced

These look like the ford/bosch yellow tops (I can't believe the overspray). Definitely not new, these are far worse condition than the ones I received and returned to FiveO. It appears the bosch numbers have been removed. If they were infact the 19LB yellow tops they would carry a 280 150 556 number or a Ford reference FOTE-D5B . Once again when I called Marren they don't provide a guarantee on their injectors. I wouldn't deal with and vendor supplier like that. I should be receiving my reconditioned injectors (24LB Motorcraft/Denso's) from MotorMan Injectors within a day or two. I'll post how they look and how they perform once I install them (next week, no time for now 2 kids graduating college this weekend).
Old 05-22-2007, 07:04 PM
NHCorvette
Advanced

Installed the new injectors today. Nice smooth install took about 1 1/2 hours. The new injectors made a big difference both in starting, idle and general performance (nice little bite off the line and smooth acceleration). These FMS injects are a Denso (I'm told one of the most reliable, more so than Bosch (opinion of my son and colleagues, certified master techs for toyota and honda (I forgave him for not being a gm guy!). The nice thing is these injectors were tested/rated at 22.5 lbs @43PSI. The installation was purely plug and play, no AFPR, no ECM retune, just a nice injector for a bone stock L98. The only noticeable thing is the ford injectors are louder, if that's negative it's the only I have to say. For those of you that would like a quality replacement injector for a stock L98, the FMS number is F55E-A2D/E. I purchased a reconditioned set of 8 (flow matched) with a 1 yr warranty for $199.92 + $10.00 shipping. The business is www.injectors4u.com. The owner is Howard Haack (989-644-2695)from the great American motoring state of Michigan. I would highly recommend this vendor both in service, honesty and some of the best technical resources in the injector business.

I took pictures of the injectors but wasn't able to determine how to paste without the url link. If someone can direct me I will post pictures.

Thanks all for with previous suggestions and help.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:51 AM
ryantlq
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NH Vette, Do the injectors that you bought use the same electrical connector without modification or do you have to use an adapter to plug them in ? Also, do they use the same retainer clip that is on the stock multec injector?
Old 05-26-2007, 03:54 PM
NHCorvette
Advanced

Hi Ryantlq,
No modifications whatsoever. Same electrical connector and you can use the same clips. SamLam (Bob) helped me with my picture of the injector. Not the best shot (my issue) but here's the what the injector looks like

Thanks for your help Bob.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Kool88vette
Drifting

That's a good price. Glad that you got that issue solved.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:02 PM
NHCorvette
Advanced

That's a good price. Glad that you got that issue solved.
Thanks Kool. Me too, been some nice top down weather up here in Cow Hampshire the last few days.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Kool88vette
Drifting

Originally Posted by NHCorvette
Thanks Kool. Me too, been some nice top down weather up here in Cow Hampshire the last few days.
I miss the White mountains and Conway. Enjoy the weather

Get notified of new replies

To Injectors

Old 05-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Dads90
Burning Brakes

Glad to see your happy with these injectors. I myself am a Five-O victim. My car sat for so long with the so called "new" injectors waiting to be installed. Spent countless minutes on forum and never saw anything about Five-O. Funny, after the job was done threads started to pop up. Now, I am stuck with a slight miss at idle. I wish I could have had input from forum members.(Maybe I should have asked ) Glad it is running well.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:12 PM
91quasarblue
Instructor

I bought the pink tops from 50motorsports last year have a 91 vette runs like it came out of the showroom no problems so far.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:39 AM
rcr103
Instructor

Originally Posted by NHCorvette
Well the injectorsfrom FiveO came in today. I opened the box and the injectors were infact yellow tops, there was no Bosch wrapping or manufacturers identification. The injectors came in a presealed plastic bag, individually packaged in a pair of two. I took a couple out and notice black paint flaking from the base, and the seals/rubber grommets were scuffed as if previously used. I took my digital meter and via a pin hole through the bags tested each for impedance, they all checked out good at 16.4 -16.5 ohms. I also checked the numbers on the injectors, the yellow tops carry a 280 150 556 number and a ford number of FOTE-D5B. These are infact 19lb. injectors, not 21.5lbs as FiveO markets. All of this being the case, I do feel that these injectors were not new as adverstised but reconditioned and being that they're 19lb injectors they might not be the best under harder/performance driving. I called Bruce at FiveO discussed what I posted here and he is providing a full refund (no restocking fee).

At this point, I think I'm going to purchase a reconditioned set of injectors for $23/each. I'm leaning towards the Motorscraft blue tops rated at 22.5 lbs at 14.5 ohms.
I tried the blue tops ,ran rich don't waste money or time.I ended up using the ford yellow top 19# and a AFPR set at 55 psi. That will rate to 21.35 lbs,or 60psi makes it 22 lbs.My 91 runs great set at 57 psi

Quick Reply: Injectors