C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

84 to 87 wheel offset

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 05:44 PM
joe wilson
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Reasonably priced tires? I hope I'm not breaking any rules for putting this on here, but I purchased some 17" tires for $53 apiece from www.tire-easy.com. they are z rated and look good. Maybe they'd have some in your size, too.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:50 PM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tmetti
Thanks guys, I ordered some adapters today, 1.33" in the front, and 1.5" in the back. I went over to Discount Tire (Midwest Name), and they said they wouldn't deal with me if I brought them wheel adapters, sheesh, then he gave me a long speel about how I am going to see my wheel pass me on the highway. Well I already bought the wheels and adapters, now I just need to find me a reasonably priced tire!
That is bullsh*t. Discount tire's liability specifically excludes work on wheel SPACERS, not adapters. I went through this with the manager. Most of the morons working there don't know the difference. Unless the policy has changed within the past year.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:51 PM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by joe wilson
Reasonably priced tires? I hope I'm not breaking any rules for putting this on here, but I purchased some 17" tires for $53 apiece from www.tire-easy.com. they are z rated and look good. Maybe they'd have some in your size, too.
Which tire did you buy? All Z rated tires are not created equal. If you want an entry level tire, go for a Nitto or Kumho for $100 each.

Quick Reply: 84 to 87 wheel offset