C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need Computer Code Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:36 PM
ceberus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Computer Code Help

My C4 died as I was leaving my driveway. It just stopped. It appears to be ignition related. The car will turn okay, but the engine will not start. The computer codes are C41, H41, H62, H72. Does anyone have any background this failure?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 PM
engle1147
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not familar with the codes but mine died about a week ago.... it just cranks...see post: 89 "vette won't start." Hope its not the same deal as what I got! Let me know what you find as the problem.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:05 PM
vetteracer92
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Havn't been able to find anything for code 72, but 62 is high oil temp, and the 41 both current and history ( the C and the H in front of the numbers) show failure in the electronic spark timing. The first thing to check are the connections on the electronic spark control to make sure they are clean, then test the module. I've had the same problem a while back, but it just ended up being a short in the wire for coolant temp on the front of the engine. Btw the ignition components if it's an lt1, are on the passenger side front cylinder head. Hope some of this helps.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:08 PM
ceberus
Instructor

Yeah that helps, thanks. A year ago I had a similar problem, and after replacing the opti, it turned out to be the coil driver. I have a feeling a lost the coil driver again.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:13 PM
MikeC4
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ceberus
Yeah that helps, thanks. A year ago I had a similar problem, and after replacing the opti, it turned out to be the coil driver. I have a feeling a lost the coil driver again.
coil driver? is this the same as ICM (ignition control module) ?

just curious....

Old 07-12-2007, 09:22 PM
ceberus
Instructor

No, the coil driver is a small circuit attached to the same mounting plate as the ignition coil. It is used to generate a high voltage DC pulse. The good news it's only a $15 part.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:09 AM
ceberus
Instructor

Default Correction

Appologies MikeC4, the coil driver and ICM are the same thing. The repair manual lists it as a coil driver, but the parts dept. calls it an ICM.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:18 PM
MikeC4
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ceberus
Appologies MikeC4, the coil driver and ICM are the same thing. The repair manual lists it as a coil driver, but the parts dept. calls it an ICM.
Thanks for the clarification cerberus. I had never heard the term "coil driver" before....

Get notified of new replies

To Need Computer Code Help

Quick Reply: Need Computer Code Help