C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1991 Odometer Error

Old 08-06-2007, 09:25 AM
CYCOPE
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Odometer Error

Several Weeks Ago I Had To Use My Quick Start Setting Of My Battery Charger To Fire Off My 91 Due To A Battery Drain. When I Started My Corvette, Which Fired Right Up I Noticed That The Odometer Reading Quickly Changed From Milage To A "odo Error" Reading. I Tried Disconnecting The Battery After Shut-down For 30 Minutes And Reconnected The Battery But No Luck In A Reset. Over The Past Few Weeks With Help From A Friend We Changed Out The Cluster Gauge To See If I Had Fried It And Still Had The "odo Error." All The Other Systems Work Fine: Mpg, Miles Left On Remaining Fuel, Speed, Mph & Kilo, Etc.... We Also Tried A Different Drivers Information Display And Switch Assy. With No Luck.
Can Someone Out There Help Me In Getting My Odometer To Function Properly Again? The Milage Reset Button On The Drivers Information Switch Does Not Help By The Way....
Thanks
Old 08-06-2007, 10:12 AM
RRT vette
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The CCM is what stores the mileage. You can try and pull the CCM codes, but will need a FSM.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:46 PM
CYCOPE
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem Solved. Bad Ccm
Old 12-05-2017, 09:23 PM
JBJrC4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CYCOPE
Problem Solved. Bad Ccm
I know this is old, but I'm experiencing the same problem. Can I ask where did you get the new CCM and who programmed it?

Get notified of new replies

To 1991 Odometer Error

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1991 Odometer Error