C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

86 Vette Alarm bypass

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 07:21 PM
EdS92RS
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86 Vette Alarm bypass

Greetings everybody! New guy here to the board... I have been looking thru the forums and had no luck finding any answers to what I am about to ask..
Is there a way that I can disable the factory alarm system on a 1986 Corvette convertible? My Dad has one that the alarm has been going off in it.... he's about had enough of it and was curious to know if it can be disabled... He's used the proper methods to disable it (key in door lock) but is wanting to permenantly disable it....
It seems all that I have found is the posts about the VATS system and disabling it...
Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks....

Last edited by EdS92RS; 08-06-2007 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Wrong forum
Old 08-06-2007, 07:25 PM
EdS92RS
2nd Gear

Default Can 86 factory alarm be bypassed?

Greetings everybody! New guy here to the board... I have been looking thru the forums and had no luck finding any answers to what I am about to ask..
Is there a way that I can disable the factory alarm system on a 1986 Corvette convertible? My Dad has one that the alarm has been going off in it.... he's about had enough of it and was curious to know if it can be disabled... He's used the proper methods to disable it (key in door lock) but is wanting to permenantly disable it....
It seems all that I have found is the posts about the VATS system and disabling it...
Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks....
Old 08-06-2007, 10:38 PM
mikeb
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 80 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C3 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

You'll probably get an answer quicker if you post in C4 Tech/Perf Forum.

My '85s alarm system crapped out last week, and with it the horn.
Actually, the horn caused the alarm system to crap out (no flashing light on the DIC with the doors open)

There's a fuse behind the DIC panel on the cluster; You remove the radio/heater trim plate, then the DIC panel, and you'll see the fuse for the horn. There's some relays in there also, and I'd guess one is for the alarm, but I don't have the FSM, so off to Tech/Perf.....
Old 08-06-2007, 10:49 PM
allwired
2nd Gear

if the factory alarm disarms when you turn the key in the door cylinder, then there will be a wire that shows ground when you turn the door cylinder to the unlock position. you can try grounding out that wire permanently, and it should stop the alarm from going off.

the only thing is to make sure that it doesnt interfere with anything else, but I dont think it will, maybe some other members have come across this before
Old 08-07-2007, 02:52 AM
Phatoscar
Racer

I bypassed it in my 86! Just take the dose panels apart and their will be a fuse as stated above! Good Luck! Its not a hard task!
Old 08-07-2007, 09:15 AM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Snip the black wire leaving terminal "F" at the theft deterent controller.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:22 AM
wilsman
Intermediate

take out the fuse behind the panel as they said.thats what i did.

Get notified of new replies

To 86 Vette Alarm bypass

Quick Reply: 86 Vette Alarm bypass