C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

tuning a 93

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 08:03 PM
gator79
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default tuning a 93

what do I need to tune a 93 LT1? I have a custom tune from alvin but I think it could be better. the car has a cam swap headers and gear change
Old 09-16-2007, 12:57 AM
steve40th
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Well thats a tough one. First thing to remember is Alvin will work with you till happy. So, I would recommend getting a laptop, putting Datamaster on it, and with an AKM cable to relay the data to Datamaster you can run your car to get long runs through various driving conditions, ie idle, 1000rpm cruise 3000rpm cruise at various throttle angles, then a few 2-3rd gear pulls for WOT AFR checks. ALso, if you can, borrow a LM1 or someones Wideband that can give you Wideband AFR at cruising and WOT with rpms to match it.
This way Alvin can fine tune your Vette to your specifics of you altitude, air quality, loads etc etc.
I have one of his tunes, and I will be hard pressed to make it better. He was very close to dead on with my tune, with 2 minor follow ups. I never had a wideband for cruising, only on the Dyno, and it was 12.7.
After my little mods, Heated O2's, Delteq and adjusting my Throttle body for actual 100% opening have I realized it became a little leaner, which is easy to adjust now that I have aquired ALLOT of tuning advice.

Quick Reply: tuning a 93