C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Vacuum line help

Old 11-23-2001, 06:46 AM
Onyx
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Vacuum line help

I found a little vacuum line not hooked up and hissing like mad a while back. I've searched everywhere within reach of the hose to try and find where this sucker hooks up and can't find anything. The line is up near the left (driver side) side marker lamp just in front of the wheel well. I believe the AIR pump is up there, but I just can't find any fitting for this line. I was hoping someone might know or be able to take a look at their LT1. My factory shop manual hasn't been any help so far, although I may be looking in the wrong place.

Someone suggested it might run to the cannister, but the cannister is in the back of the LT1 cars if I'm not mistaken. I've got it plugged with a screw right now and fortunately everything seems normal. Although the night I plugged it with the screw it died on me a couple times (had NEVER happened to me in this car before) so I'm guessing the computer eventually compensated for something. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-23-2001, 08:51 AM
RichS
CF Senior Member

Liked 49 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: Vacuum line help (Onyx)

My 95 and 96 have a big vaccume ball mounted in the driverside area under the headlight. Maybe your ball is missing.
Old 11-24-2001, 08:39 PM
Onyx
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Vacuum line help (RichS)

Thanks for your reply. What is the function of this vacuum ball? I've never seen this so I'm trying to figure out what it is used for. Anybody else have info?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vacuum line help

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: