C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Transmission Temp Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Lichen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Transmission Temp Gauge

I would like to install a trans temp gauge in my '93 A4. I'm a bit confused by electrical vs. mechanical. Which would you guys recommend? I will probably mount it in a pillar pod, but then where should I connect the sending unit? Anybody done this?
Old 06-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 402 Likes on 331 Posts

I used an electric sender type, mounted in the pan. I used a trans pan drain plug kit and left out the plug then screwed in the sender. Couldn't be easier! I drilled a hole in the front drivers side of the pan, check very carefully where you put the sender as there is not a lot of room.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Lichen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you remember where you bought the drain plug kit?
Old 06-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 402 Likes on 331 Posts

Summit or Jegs when I ordered something else. A local place would have them too.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:54 PM
carlos85vette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans temp gauge

Originally Posted by Lichen
I would like to install a trans temp gauge in my '93 A4. I'm a bit confused by electrical vs. mechanical. Which would you guys recommend? I will probably mount it in a pillar pod, but then where should I connect the sending unit? Anybody done this?
What I did was buy a extra oil temp sensor for the engine, and found a socket fitting that the sensor would fit into.Weld it into the trans pan, get a switch that can select between the 2 sensors, connect the original wire from the sensor to the switch and one terminal will go to old sensor and the other will go to the new trans pan sensor, then you can use your stock gauge and select between one or the other when needed.

Get notified of new replies

To Transmission Temp Gauge

Quick Reply: Transmission Temp Gauge