C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

PaceSetters Headers????

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:12 AM
jim_hewett
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PaceSetters Headers????

Purchased shorty headers from Eckler's, #70-1340 for 92-95 Corvette, LT1.
Arrived promptly from Eckler's.(dropped shipped) Close inspection revealed both mounting flanges were 1/8" out of plumb. Eckler's was contacted and coordinated return to manufacture freight paid.
After a 3 week wait a new set of headers arrived which checked OK.
Ops check normal after 2 months on daily driver.
Draw your own conclusions!

Last edited by jim_hewett; 08-04-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:00 PM
geist
Instructor

Never had pacesetters myself but from what I have gathered reading other car forums, pacesetter is usually not the best, just the cheapest...
Old 08-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Eddie & the Cruisers
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by geist
Never had pacesetters myself but from what I have gathered reading other car forums, pacesetter is usually not the best, just the cheapest...
I don't know why anyone would make that comment. After 2 failures of Hookers I bought Pacesetters and love them. They look as good today as the day I put them on. Both were ceramic coated.
Pacesetters are 1 5/8"-16 gauge steel and Hookers are 1 3/4"-18 gauge steel. Much thinner wall.

I'm making about 350 + hp and they sound great with the LT4 hot cam and other mods.

Last edited by Eddie & the Cruisers; 08-05-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Ed Ramberger
Drifting

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie & the Cruisers
I don't know why anyone would make that comment. After 2 failures of Hookers I bought Pacesetters and love them. They look as good today as the day I put them on. Both were ceramic coated.
Pacesetters are 1 5/8"-16 gauge steel and Hookers are 1 3/4"-18 gauge steel. Much thinner wall.

I'm making about 350 + hp and they sound great with the LT4 hot cam and other mods.

I'm glad you had a good experience. Most of the experiences I have heard about have revolved around poor fit/finish and durability - especially on their muffler tips.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:28 AM
anesthes
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 135 Likes on 100 Posts

Seriously. The hookers are what, $625 and they don't seal for crap.

-- Joe
Old 08-06-2008, 07:39 PM
BAM92
Safety Car

He probably meant there is not much, if any, power to be gained by their shorties. Long tubes are another story. MTI, when still working on LTx motors, recommended to me, not getting them for this reason.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Eddie & the Cruisers
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BAM92
He probably meant there is not much, if any, power to be gained by their shorties. Long tubes are another story. MTI, when still working on LTx motors, recommended to me, not getting them for this reason.
Agreed, there is not much HP gain with any shorty's. Long tubes can give from 15-30 HP depending on the engine and mods.

I also heard that Pacesetters weren't very good. After looking at different headers, I think they, PS, have made big strides in their products. All the welds are excellent and the tubes are now thicker (16 ga.) with full length 5/16" thick flanges. I don't know anything about the rest of their exhaust system or tips.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:29 PM
SK.LT1
Burning Brakes

I have Pacesetter shorty headers on my `96,and I am very pleased with them.Fit and finish is excellent.As far as performance gains,they are probably minimal at best.I put them on for a slightly better sound and I think they look better than manifolds.I also didn`t want the headaches associated with long tubes.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:28 PM
Teothe1nonly
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SK.LT1
I have Pacesetter shorty headers on my `96,and I am very pleased with them.Fit and finish is excellent.As far as performance gains,they are probably minimal at best.I put them on for a slightly better sound and I think they look better than manifolds.I also didn`t want the headaches associated with long tubes.

I know this is old, but please help! Can't figure out the mounting bracket and spacers...can you please send some pics my way?
Old 05-24-2016, 05:25 PM
tuned
Advanced

I got Hedman from JEGS for a little more than 450$ from my guy I've been buying from for 10 years. He takes care of me and I've not had any issues. Great product for my 90 c4!!!!
Old 05-24-2016, 05:29 PM
tuned
Advanced

Originally Posted by Teothe1nonly
I know this is old, but please help! Can't figure out the mounting bracket and spacers...can you please send some pics my way?
We have a different exhaust but, post good pics of what u got and I will see if I can be of any assistance

Get notified of new replies

To PaceSetters Headers????

Quick Reply: PaceSetters Headers????