C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Odometer Not Moving

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 01:19 PM
dredd0822
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odometer Not Moving

After I got my 84' Corvette, I noticed at the odometer is not moving. When I replaced the digital dash light bulbs, I also checked the odometer motor by disconnecting and reconnecting it, but it still does not work. Here is my dilemma:

I am not sure what is broken, either the odometer motor, or the odometer itself. It's a money dilemma because, while I could buy both, I'd hate to waste money on something I might not need. Has anyone out there experienced this issue? If so, how did you determine what was broken, and how did you fix it?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:36 AM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

let us know what the problem was, so I can break mine
Old 09-30-2008, 07:15 AM
Fastmax32168
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is probably the little electric motor. That seems to always be the problem in all of the posts I looked at. If you determine that is the problem I have an NOS one i can sell you for $40 shipped. I bought it for an 87 and never put it in.
Roy
Old 09-30-2008, 08:55 AM
Iroc57
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dredd0822
After I got my 84' Corvette, I noticed at the odometer is not moving. When I replaced the digital dash light bulbs, I also checked the odometer motor by disconnecting and reconnecting it, but it still does not work. Here is my dilemma:

I am not sure what is broken, either the odometer motor, or the odometer itself. It's a money dilemma because, while I could buy both, I'd hate to waste money on something I might not need. Has anyone out there experienced this issue? If so, how did you determine what was broken, and how did you fix it?

OK...everone remember this guy's screen name. In a couple of years if you see a LOW mile car for sale....RUN

I have nothing of substance to add..sorry. Good luck with your fix though
Old 09-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Elephanthead
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I reverse the wires and have it spin backwards?
Old 09-30-2008, 10:42 AM
josephf31
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Does

Originally Posted by dredd0822

The speedometer work OK? I'll trade you, my trip odometer clicks off miles at like 4 times the rate is should! Maybe our vehicle speed sensors are bad...

Get notified of new replies

To Odometer Not Moving

Quick Reply: Odometer Not Moving