C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Traverse/Colorado Lug Nuts on Sawblades?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 07:09 PM
pgtr
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Traverse/Colorado Lug Nuts on Sawblades?

Walking a car lot last night I noticed some good looking lug bolts on these 2 models. They aren't the usual plastic screw on cap arrangement. (they didn't appear to have screw on caps at least) They are a deep/tall closed lug bolt with a nice satin chrome finish.

Q: Will these fit a C4 OK?

Q: Would they possibly 'stick out' too far on a late C4 w/ saw blades?

(and if so anybody have a part# or source for these or similar/equivalent - I suspect dealer will charge plenty for these...)
Old 02-03-2009, 08:23 PM
pgtr
Racer

Anybody else seen the GM lugs on new Colorado/Traverse alloys?
Old 02-05-2009, 07:09 PM
tarheelracer
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like these?
http://www.corvetteguys.com/chrome-acorn-lug-nuts.html
Old 02-06-2009, 12:16 AM
pgtr
Racer

Close but no, the new lugs on the Traverse/Colorado alloys has a straighter simpler shape. There is no 'circle' embossed on the top. So far I've only seen these on '09 Traverse/Colorados with factory alloys. Haven't had a chance to go back during business hours.

The acorns similar to those pictureed above on some GMs are often a piece of plated (closed acorn) steel stamped onto a plain steel open lug nut.

These appear to be a solid piece and have a soft brushed silver finish - not quite chrome but very close (I saw them at night so...). They look like an ideal match for saw blade finishes. (And they would eliminate the plastic screw on covers altogether).

I also think these would stick out just a tad on sawblades - easier to finger on and easier for lug wrenches to fit.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:17 AM
pgtr
Racer

They also appear to be fairly beefy 'thick' lugs as I recall.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Spinner_89
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can only find them on '09 vehicles, then you may not be able to get the EXACT same thing from anywhere other than the General, at this point. I had those 1 piece acorn lug's on my Z. Yes, replacing the stock 2 piece ones, and they looked good. I purchased them from a tire store for about $25. This was 1/4 the price of the same things sold at the GM dealer. If you can't find them aftermarket - give it some time.

Get notified of new replies

To Traverse/Colorado Lug Nuts on Sawblades?

Quick Reply: Traverse/Colorado Lug Nuts on Sawblades?