C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1995 Will Not Start

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 11:47 AM
stvyrayvhn
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok fixed the water leak. That was because the freeze plug came out. There's no water leaking now and there's no water in the oil.

BUT! I still have not been able to get the injectors to work. There is no light when I touch the two connectors together on the wireharness. When I ground it I am getting a light. With my multimeter I am getting 12+ volts when test the voltage on the two connectors on the wiring harness. Any thoughts???

Originally Posted by jfb
True, but each wire goes to the same place as older C4's, one to 12v, one to an injector fuse and then to the ECM.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:40 PM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

The pulse duration is so short that your test lamp will not light and your meter will not respond either. Either buy a noid light or use an LED with a 680 ohm series resistor across the injector socket during cranking. You will be able to see this (I am pretty sure this is what a noid light is anyway), but the LED will only flash if connected with the proper polarity. The anode of the LED should go to the pin with the 12v on it .
Old 04-18-2009, 02:06 PM
stvyrayvhn
Heel & Toe

Ok going to go buy one.

Anyone know what kind of computer scanner I can use for a 1995 Corvette? Apparently the 1995 has an ODB II connection but and ODB I signal...
-Larry

Originally Posted by jfb
The pulse duration is so short that your test lamp will not light and your meter will not respond either. Either buy a noid light or use an LED with a 680 ohm series resistor across the injector socket during cranking. You will be able to see this (I am pretty sure this is what a noid light is anyway), but the LED will only flash if connected with the proper polarity. The anode of the LED should go to the pin with the 12v on it .
Old 05-14-2009, 09:07 PM
pacat
Instructor

Default Did you get it fixed?

It's been a month since your last post. I been having the same issues with my 93 not starting (except with starting fluid) like yours. Did you ever find the problem?

Quick Reply: 1995 Will Not Start