C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Battery terms pulled for window motor replace?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 10:52 PM
Lone Ranger
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Battery terms pulled for window motor replace?

I had to take my recently acquired '95 'vert to the dealer today because the driver window wouldn't work-- motor went bad. GM Protection Plan saved me some $$ on this one: paid $50 deductible only. Anyhow, here's the thing: Do they disconnect the battery terminals to do the change out? Car felt like the ECM program was redetecting all engine settigns again or something. While my clock was showing the right time though, I noticed some subtle differences... or maybe I'm just being too retentive altogether: The temps shown on the LCD speedometer display are all reading slightly higher than before, after driving long enough to hit and maintain operating range. Auto trans staying about 215, oil temp 212, coolant showed as high as 215 and actually fluctuated between 215 and 193 until settling and staying 193 - 200. Outside air temps and humidity about the same as previous days. I'm a little spastic about watching the temps readouts since I've had the car and this behaviour appears different than before, my oil and trans temps were down closer to 194 - 204 before . Also, it seemed like the car was trying to find it's performance for the first 15 - 20 miles, like it was setting the ECM variables again or something?? The programming was stock before, as far as I know, previous owner hadn't used a power programmer on it (I hope not else the stock program is lost because there was no programmer included in the sale!)

Or maybe it's all in my mind, but in the short time I've had it I've drove her a lot and it today seemed different for about a half hour of driving after the work was completed.

I don't know, maybe I'm just hallucinating. Maybe I should have gotten more sleep lastnight or something... :sleep:

Feel free to flame me if this is a stupid post :nonod:
Old 02-24-2002, 12:29 AM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Battery terms pulled for window motor replace? (95_C4_convertible)

I did'nt...

everything in there is connected, no bare wires or anything.

Quick Reply: Battery terms pulled for window motor replace?