C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Accel super ram

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:26 AM
beergoalie
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accel super ram

Hello I'm a new member with a question. Just recently purchased an 84 vette, it cam with an Accel super ram. Having problems getting someone who is knowledgable enough to tune it up here in Canada. Wondering if I could go with a stock GTA wire/harness? It turns out the super ram computer is outdated so I kind of would like to go back to a stock wire/harness and computer. Is it best to replace the whole system or will a wire/harness and computer work off a 350 chev?? The engine has been modified but I don't have the specs. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:36 AM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Keep the SuperRam !!
Nothing special is required for that intake, it's what else has been done to the motor that may require a custom tune.
What computer is in there ??
Where are you located ??
Old 10-14-2009, 08:41 AM
beergoalie
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Brantford, Ontario Canada...It's a complete Accel system, computer, wire/harness etc. The performance shop said the software is too old, I would need an old laptop and patch cord. So I was just wondering if I could switch the computer and wire harness for one from a GTA but keep the rest of the system??
Old 10-14-2009, 08:54 AM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Well, I have no experience with Accel's computer, but it isn't as outdated as the stock computer that came with the 84.
There are members on here that have them, maybe another post looking for help with Accel's DFI systems, will find better help.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:49 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

I'm using the Accel computer that came with the superram setup on my 84. The Accel Gen 6 is outdated but still works, it is just not as user friendly as a Gen 7. Mine is good for 10.50s. There is a book in the auto section at Borders or Barnes and Noble that covers the Accel Gen 6 system. If you can't find it there, it is available on ebay for about $13. Get it and read it. It's pretty self explainatory. Good luck
Old 10-15-2009, 01:36 AM
ddahlgren
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

The Acell is a good piece I used to sell them many years ago and found them to be the most friendly for GM based engines around. The software is not very fancy but very effective. It has a buch of tables for drivability that are very useful and if the later softwrae with the idle spark feature very good for stable idle speed control. You need a laptop with a real serial port and will boot into a DOS environment I am thinking window 98 or 2000 but XP might work too and worth a try.

Get notified of new replies

To Accel super ram

Quick Reply: Accel super ram