C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

valve cover gasket dilema (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 09:50 AM
alrosenzweig
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

I need to do some research I have new gm 12464298 Fast Burn Alum Heads had to go to Pro Stock valve covers w/ perimeter bolt (EPW rockers too wide for my stock Mag valve covers, arrrrrrgh) .... and I have some minor minor oil leakage issues not positive yet it's gasket but ..... looking for solutions
Old 01-27-2011, 11:29 AM
RLDaily
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Gasket for any old 327 will work and they're as common and as inexpensive as dirt. Every small block Chevy from about 1955-198something had them
Old 01-27-2011, 01:05 PM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by alrosenzweig
I need to do some research I have new gm 12464298 Fast Burn Alum Heads had to go to Pro Stock valve covers w/ perimeter bolt (EPW rockers too wide for my stock Mag valve covers, arrrrrrgh) .... and I have some minor minor oil leakage issues not positive yet it's gasket but ..... looking for solutions
You must not have read through the tread the answer is here. In a nut shell.. SBC gen I engines basically had two designs the perimeter bolt style(bolt on the outside) and the center bolt. As far as i know the gaskets are the same dimensions but the perimeter bolt style has holes in it. Just go to the parts store an tell them you need perimeter bolt gaskets. I recommend getting the silicone gaskets.

I just put those heads on my car. I Wish i had know about the valve cover issue before. I got rid of My roller rockers because they didn't fit.
What Exhaust are you going with?
What is the rest of your combo?

Last edited by ch@0s; 01-27-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:34 PM
alrosenzweig
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

I will PM you the "other" stuff Ch@0s, thanks for the silicone gasket tip...but I think that's what might be on there. I wasn't there for the entire build

Quick Reply: valve cover gasket dilema (Pics)