C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

700r4 Cooling lines

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:49 PM
CAmaninacan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700r4 Cooling lines

Well I just replaced my 700r4 transmission and I tried to install my 2 fluid cooling lines that go on the tv cable side. They just won't fit and won't screw on. I am stuck on what to do. I think they could be bent but I don't want to spend money on new ones if there not. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:40 AM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

its kind of a lame way to do it , but you can cut them and slide some fuel line over the ends with hose clamps, better to get the car up high enough and with a good light , manuver them around till they thread in, that way uou dont have to re-do them later , specially with a new trans.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Charleston2012
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, clean the threads the best you can and try to get them in again.
If you have to cut the lines, as a last resort, use compression fitting to reconnect the lines or transmission rubber lines which is a little better than fuel line and specifically for transmission fluid.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:11 AM
M. Schumacher
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You way you replaced the transmission? Is it possible that the new transmission you installed has a different fitting that takes a different size line? You may have to swap over the fittings from the old transmission.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:13 AM
engle1147
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CAmaninacan
Well I just replaced my 700r4 transmission and I tried to install my 2 fluid cooling lines that go on the tv cable side. They just won't fit and won't screw on. I am stuck on what to do. I think they could be bent but I don't want to spend money on new ones if there not. Any help would be appreciated.
Undo the sides of the lines that connect to the radiator to gain the needed wiggle room to line up and srew on the transmission's side of the lines. Once the done with the transmission side attach the radiator's ends of the lines. Only use you fingers to get the fittings "started".....then grab the wrenches.

Get notified of new replies

To 700r4 Cooling lines

Quick Reply: 700r4 Cooling lines