C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Finally

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 09:20 PM
BillMeyer
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally

Ok, I have looked a literally 100's of Vettes , looking for the "right' one. Or at least temporaily the right one. I pick up my '94 coupe tomorrow. has an auto . trans. w/ the LT1. all appears to be stock except the Bilstein shocks ( I believe they are Bilstein w/ yellow and blue) . Anyways, this is my 1st ventue into the C4 and fuel injection/ computers. I know this is the proverbial $64 ? but where do you begin to increase performance? Can anyone steer me towards the research and what works, what does not?
? Will be what do you want it to do-
a. handle like it is on rails
b. run w/ the new LS motored Vettes and not be blown so far into
the weeds , I need my tach as a compass to find my way out.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:58 PM
kenv
Le Mans Master

Location: levittown pa. usa Even a bad day with my `Vette, is better than a good day at work
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Welcome! post some pics when you get your ride. The search feature on the forum is your friend & will guide you to more infomation than you ever wanted to know about LT1 performance. As for running with the NEW LS powered `Vettes (read C6 models), that depends on how deep your pockets are.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 PM
BADDUCK
Le Mans Master

Location: One day you're a Comet...the next day you're dust... Arkansas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Run with LS, buy a C5 Z06. You will need major mods to really do that.

BTW the Bilstein shocks came stock on most C4's.

First good mods for a LT car are cam and heads.

Last edited by BADDUCK; 06-27-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:34 PM
leesvet
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BillMeyer
Ok, I have looked a literally 100's of Vettes , looking for the "right' one. Or at least temporaily the right one. I pick up my '94 coupe tomorrow. has an auto . trans. w/ the LT1. all appears to be stock except the Bilstein shocks ( I believe they are Bilstein w/ yellow and blue) . Anyways, this is my 1st ventue into the C4 and fuel injection/ computers. I know this is the proverbial $64 ? but where do you begin to increase performance? Can anyone steer me towards the research and what works, what does not?
? Will be what do you want it to do-
a. handle like it is on rails
b. run w/ the new LS motored Vettes and not be blown so far into
the weeds , I need my tach as a compass to find my way out.
You don;t even know what it will do as it sits?

..and you're talking about running with LS cars? seriously?

Learn how to drive this one first. Its not a camero...not even from the same planet. It'll do some pretty amazing stuff as it is...get well past being able to handle that, then start shopping for upgrades, or trades.

For now, its pretty exciting to even own a Corvette. Most car enthusiast cannot ever say that they did...

Last edited by leesvet; 06-27-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:34 PM
HlhnEast
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats on the new car. Along with this forum a factory service manual (FSM) will be your best friend when in comes to information about your car. Most new guys ask the same question so there are tons of answers already logged in. Check out what the searched threads say then ask questions more about specifics.

And as Ken says "It depends on how deep your pockets are" as to how fast ya go. Oh for an extra ten grand layin around my car would be smokin a few of them upstart LS's.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:36 PM
HlhnEast
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry I managed to post this twice.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:50 PM
92ragtop
Melting Slicks

Received 203 Likes on 117 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)
2015 C4 of Year Finalist

Why and where would you "run" with LS cars? Hope you're not talking about street racing. If you want LS peformance, why not just buy an LS car? I agree with previous post: Get to know the car and your own limitations first. Then decide if you want/need to do mods. An LT1 C4 is plenty of fun in stock trim.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:05 AM
BillMeyer
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks guys

I am sure I will be moe than happy with the LT1, after coming from a '77 w/ 180 hp- will be a change. And yes, I agree with your comments - get to know it first. Just the thrill and adreleline running at the thought of a Vette in the driveway.

Get notified of new replies

To Finally

Quick Reply: Finally