C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Question on HP increase with a dyno tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 06:01 PM
NJ_Corvette_Kid
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question on HP increase with a dyno tune

Cam 503-8 from Summit
Melrose long tube headers
Rand Technoligies bullet cats with 3" pipes.
Vortex Cold Air Induction
30LB Injectors
There is a new computer that was put it to replace the stock one as well. This is all the information that was given to me when I bought the car.

These are all the mods done to my 96 LT4. I had it dynoed at East Coast Supercharging and i'm sitting at 335 RWHP. The car was tuned but never dyno tuned after the mods so I was curious as to how much HP i could pick up if any at all if I had it dyno tuned. Thanks!

Last edited by NJ_Corvette_Kid; 07-18-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:50 AM
dynocar
Instructor

Did the previous dyno runs provide a sheet with your A/F readings throughout the pull? If it has never been dyno tuned there is certain to be more HP found somewhere, how much depends on how far off the tune is now and a current A/F readout would help us predict how much.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:57 AM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 291 Likes on 224 Posts

You never know about Hp. Hp is a funny thing . I would have it Dynoed just to make sure all is well ..The fuel to air thing is what you need to get right , it will run better better gas mileage and be better on the motor valves Ect. and you will just feel better knowing all is well..Had my 96 LT-4 dynoed little more Hp. but the deal is just ran WAY better the air fuel was way off, better pick up Ect.. and it's fun to see your ride wide open take pic. wound mind to 7,000 rpm I throught it was gone did ok.. PS don't go to 7,000 big no no.. 335 rwhp sounds about right for the mods you have...
Old 08-01-2011, 11:10 AM
bjankuski
Safety Car

Received 466 Likes on 369 Posts

You added the 30 lb injectors without changing the tune? If that is the case, then I would guess there is some additional power to be had, since you are probably running rich.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:01 PM
NJ_Corvette_Kid
Instructor

Originally Posted by bjankuski
You added the 30 lb injectors without changing the tune? If that is the case, then I would guess there is some additional power to be had, since you are probably running rich.

Just by how it smells you can tell it's running rich. So I'm figuring a hp pick up either way. After the mods were done he had it tuned at whatever shop did the mods for him. However an actual dyno tune was never done. I feel like I should have at least 10-15 more hp. And I'm only getting 12mpg around town.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:03 PM
NJ_Corvette_Kid
Instructor

Originally Posted by dynocar
Did the previous dyno runs provide a sheet with your A/F readings throughout the pull? If it has never been dyno tuned there is certain to be more HP found somewhere, how much depends on how far off the tune is now and a current A/F readout would help us predict how much.
The af readings were never done it was the most basic dyno test I had at east coast supercharge just to see where I was at.

I'm gonna go to county corvette later this year for a dyno tune. There must be more hp lying around.

Get notified of new replies

To Question on HP increase with a dyno tune

Quick Reply: Question on HP increase with a dyno tune