C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Home built ram air?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 06:58 PM
gman35
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Like this

Originally Posted by tunedport85inject
sometime ago i did some 3d previsual using 3dmax,that is a CAD aplication,it requires a fiberglassing work on the hood,some guys did it.It consists in creating a some sort of naca in front connected inside directly with the maf by inserting in between an air filter,just an idea:[img]

[/img][img]

[/img]
This lines up to direct air into the mag!!
Old 05-15-2017, 07:37 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by gman35
This lines up to direct air into the mag!!
I've thought of doing this route. I see the 4th gen Camaro SS scoops on ebay for cheap. I got the idea after checking out a Gen 5 Dodge Viper's nostril and the air filter cones sealed up in a little box right with the opening when the hood was closed. Would be fun to fab up a box for the air filter that seals to the hood when it's closed in the same fashion. It would be a straight shot right into the intake....it might justify a K&N filter.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:53 PM
gman35
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey, the hood is finished and still in my backyard. When I layed it out and cut the hole it came out right where it needs to be to fab a piece so air would go in front of the maf sensor. I have a breatless performance ram air system that would be easy to pipe this into the top of this hood. The faux trim is removable which turns it into ram air... or stops rain from going into it if needed. What do you think.. thanks, gary

Last edited by gman35; 05-15-2017 at 08:55 PM. Reason: typo error

Quick Reply: Home built ram air?