C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

[PICS] Modifying the TPIS longtube headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Zix
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
Huh? I didn't have any issue w/ burning up the #7 plug..

You all are scaring me, I got afr195 's coming and I hope my tpis long tube headers don't cause issues with those heads....

If you could rewind to 2002 you would note that corvetteforum consensus was that tpis headers fit like a glove.

That's why I bought them.

Lord knows where all those people who said that are now...
I bought these sometime around 2003 I would guess, I might still have the receipt for them if I really looked.

I ran them for a few years on a pretty decent heads/cam setup and never had a problem. Currently though, the heat that my engine makes is causing a problem. This is a high HP high revving motor that isn't very forgiving. You may not have the same issues as I do/did.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Zix
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
Exotic muscle headers were the ones that people had to hammer, press, bend, etc. To make fit.

I'm still really confused as to why mine fit so well, but the ops doesn't fit well.

Did tpis change something at some point in their production process?

I bought mine in 2002. Paid about 750 for them ( a lot of money) and they came jet hoated coated inside and out.
No, the EM headers were always a nice drop-in fit. And a better overall design than the TPIS headers. However, the EM headers didn't exist when I bought mine.

I've put on a few sets of the EM headers on different cars and they all fit damn near perfect.

Quick Reply: [PICS] Modifying the TPIS longtube headers