C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

How do I lower a C4? 1990

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 10:22 PM
chuckster
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default How do I lower a C4? 1990

I lowered my C5. This was very easy..

Does the C4 lower basically the same way?
Old 07-08-2002, 11:20 PM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: How do I lower a C4? 1990 (chuckster)

There are basically three ways to lower the C-4. 1) Install a lowering kit from Mid-America. These kits have the longer bolts to lower the rear and poly-wedges to replace the stock wedges in the front. The rear bolts are easy to install. Some folks try to just lower the rear but can have aerodynamic lifting problems at highway speeds without the stock body rake. Also, some try to buy some bolts at a hardware store but the lowering bolts in the kits are deep threaded and are specifically made for this application. The front is a bear. The entire front spring has to be removed (carefully) and then replaced. The stock spring already has some poly wedges cemented on and the best technique is to just trim these down rather than remove the wedges completly. I've heard that the epoxy cement in the kit doesn't work and the aftermarket poly-wedges will fall out. 2) The second way is to replace the springs with aftermarket springs from a company like vette brakes. 3) The third way is my favorite by modifying the entire suspension to a coil-over set-up. Installation is a little involved, but this is another whole subject on the pro's and con's of a coil-over suspension. Good luck on your approach and check the archived threads for other inputs. :)
Old 07-08-2002, 11:25 PM
KYVette90
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How do I lower a C4? 1990 (BlackRocket)

The gold bolts are the ones I bought from Mid America. They are longer than stock by about 2 inches.

Get notified of new replies

To How do I lower a C4? 1990

Quick Reply: How do I lower a C4? 1990