C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Code 36 help

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 10:47 AM
BlowerWorks
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by CTS-V
I just went through the code 36 nightmare. Long story short, I put the OEM MAF back in, and I haven't gotten the code since.

I'm pretty convinced the aftermarket MAF's are not 100% compatible with the burn off circuit.

Not even sure if GM still offers OEM parts, as my dealer told me it has a MAP sensor, not an MAF.
Hey Guys ! Why not take a look at my slot style replacement ? No more codes and no more burn-off relays !!! And virtually indestructible !!! We sell 3 versions that range from stock 250 gms/sec to 700 gms/sec or so.
greg
Old 04-25-2018, 11:00 AM
larryfs
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BlowerWorks
Hey Guys ! Why not take a look at my slot style replacement ? No more codes and no more burn-off relays !!! And virtually indestructible !!! We sell 3 versions that range from stock 250 gms/sec to 700 gms/sec or so.
greg
Do you offer a stock OEM style replacement ? Original Bosch type.
Some of us like to keep things more on the original side.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:35 AM
rblakeney
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by CTS-V
Do you offer a stock OEM style replacement ? Original Bosch type.
Some of us like to keep things more on the original side.
The Blowerworks units look impressive, but you still need the burn off code turned off in the eProm. If Blowerworks offered the MAF plus a fresh stock-coded eProm with the burn off eliminated I would be interested.

I just went through 3 custom eProms from a known and respected provider and none would work properly across 3 ECUs on my 89. He gladly refunded my money, but I am still stuck with the damned code.

Ryan Gick of Sinister Performance says that it may be the MAF connector plug itself deteriorating over time and suggested that I cut it out and replace it with a new GM plug. At this point for me, that's all I have left to go on after new relays, new aftermarket MAF, and a known good ECU.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:39 PM
tequilaboy
Melting Slicks

Received 256 Likes on 214 Posts

For Blowerworks bins, I like to start with the original bin file if it is available. If a copy is not available, the bin file can be read from the memcal's eprom with a programmer and appropriate header.

The programming is then modified to fit the new maf's transfer function and to correct the sensor signal input for the new sensor. The burn-off time and burn-off delay are both set to zero and the burn-off trouble code 36 is disabled.

From there, changes will be application specific depending upon choice of flow range, choice of sensor, sensor housing diameter, WBO2 support and any custom tuning needs.

The new maf offers an integrated IAT sensor which can be used to replace the factory MAT sensor, if desired.

The IAT has much faster response than the MAT and therefore is a good indicator of ambient air temperature, blower discharge air temperature or intercooler outlet air temperature depending upon sensor installation location. Great info for logging purposes.

If the IAT is used, the MAT trouble code detection and EGR related functions are adapted for the new signal.

Spark advance can also be corrected as a function of IAT to provide additional protection for blower and turbo cars.

Most end up being full custom tunes, but we've done a few stock-style replacements as well.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:42 AM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by rblakeney
The Blowerworks units look impressive, but you still need the burn off code turned off in the eProm. If Blowerworks offered the MAF plus a fresh stock-coded eProm with the burn off eliminated I would be interested.

I just went through 3 custom eProms from a known and respected provider and none would work properly across 3 ECUs on my 89. He gladly refunded my money, but I am still stuck with the damned code.

Ryan Gick of Sinister Performance says that it may be the MAF connector plug itself deteriorating over time and suggested that I cut it out and replace it with a new GM plug. At this point for me, that's all I have left to go on after new relays, new aftermarket MAF, and a known good ECU.
There is a you tube video where the guy says it's a vacuum hose. But I don't believe that. In my case, it was the aftermarket Chinese MAF.

Quick Reply: Code 36 help