C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

'92 climate control unit dead and code C25

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 06:27 PM
scottc97229
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default '92 climate control unit dead and code C25

Hi,
My first post - I need some help. I have the flashing "SYS", and my electronic climate control unit only has backlight, no readout, no operation of heating or AC.

This happened just before the heater core started leaking. I've replaced the heater core, over about 3 months (I don't know what I am doing, but persistence and the forum got me through).

I was hoping that during the heater core replacement I'd find the wiring problem causing my SYS and climate control problems, but no luck. The car does have an after-market stereo with some questionable wiring.

Codes are:
C25 - Courtesy lamp relay coil circuit open or shorted to ground
H25
H72 - LCD dimming output circuit open or shorted to ground
H74 - LED display dimming output circuit open or shorted to ground
---
---
H71 - ? LCD dimming output circuit shorted to battery or CCM internal open circuit
---

The courtesy lamp relay seems OK. How do I test it? How else to isolate the issue with this code?

Any ideas on the climate control head unit? I don't want to replace it for a couple hundred dollars unless I know that is what's wrong.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Scott
Old 05-27-2015, 04:50 PM
scottc97229
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dead Climate control head unit

Hi,
Trying again...Any one ever have a climate control unit with just the backlight, no readout, no operation? Should I just replace the unit?

Thanks,

Scott

Originally Posted by scottc97229
Hi,
My first post - I need some help. I have the flashing "SYS", and my electronic climate control unit only has backlight, no readout, no operation of heating or AC.

This happened just before the heater core started leaking. I've replaced the heater core, over about 3 months (I don't know what I am doing, but persistence and the forum got me through).

I was hoping that during the heater core replacement I'd find the wiring problem causing my SYS and climate control problems, but no luck. The car does have an after-market stereo with some questionable wiring.

Codes are:
C25 - Courtesy lamp relay coil circuit open or shorted to ground
H25
H72 - LCD dimming output circuit open or shorted to ground
H74 - LED display dimming output circuit open or shorted to ground
---
---
H71 - ? LCD dimming output circuit shorted to battery or CCM internal open circuit
---

The courtesy lamp relay seems OK. How do I test it? How else to isolate the issue with this code?

Any ideas on the climate control head unit? I don't want to replace it for a couple hundred dollars unless I know that is what's wrong.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Scott
Attached Images  
Old 05-27-2015, 04:53 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

See if your a/c fuse is blown

Get notified of new replies

To '92 climate control unit dead and code C25

Quick Reply: '92 climate control unit dead and code C25