C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Dynomax VT Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 11:27 AM
RVY
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Dynomax VT Mufflers

Anyone running a set of these? Any actual experience positive or negative would be appreciated. Seems to be a good product.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:15 AM
RichS
Le Mans Master

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

Had the replacement style Dynomax mufflers on a 95 a long time ago. They were barely louder than stock, but fit good.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:57 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by RichS
Had the replacement style Dynomax mufflers on a 95 a long time ago. They were barely louder than stock, but fit good.
This is what im currently running on a 3" arh exhaust.

Its my understanding those mufflers were dynomax super-turbo design with lt1 rectangular exhaust tips

I didnt want drone or super loud - which would have been an issue on an arh 3" dual exhaust.

Those mufflers are very different from dynomax vt so im not sure my experience will help out the op
Old 12-12-2015, 10:08 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I don't have the "VT" mufflers but I have read here that if the car gets a lot of condensation buildup in the exhaust, the cutout flap in the muffler can become corroded and eventually fail. There is a small spring that controls the opening of the flap so going WOT will open the flap and generate a louder exhaust note. If this spring gets corroded and breaks, the flap will not work as designed.

I have the DynoMax UltraFlo mufflers on my '87 (headers, true duals, and an X-pipe) and this system is pretty quiet on the street. Gets loud at full throttle (measured about 97 dB at 5000 RPM) but is a nice low tone while cruising. No interior resonance either!!
Old 12-12-2015, 06:53 PM
96 lt-4
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Lots of sound clips of them on youtube.They seem to work well and the updated flapper has a coating on the edge to keep it from rattling.You are less likely to experience that on a C4 with the mufflers at the rear bumper IMO.
A lot of the Impala SS guys like them and I may run a set on mine other than I already have magnaflow mufflers sitting in the barn.

Do your measurements well and realize you may not be able to run the tip you want.
The following users liked this post:
RVY (12-13-2015)

Get notified of new replies

To Dynomax VT Mufflers

Quick Reply: Dynomax VT Mufflers