C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Possible 24x conversion option for us...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 03:54 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1
Hey qwikets. It's out and working for the 94-96 cars. Still not ready for the 92-93. I spoke with them, and they do plan on making a kit for our speed density LT1s. If not, I wonder if we can re pin our cars to make it run on a 94 PCM?
The 24x uses ls pcm it's designed for maf, SFI, and reflash calibration. None of these apply to the 92-93 lt1. I think to run it a 94+ engine harness and injector upgrade will be required. Eliminating MAF input through programming is possible . SFI would be an improvement over batch fire. I have not looked at it, but B body harness may work. I do like the external sensor package better than internal 24x. IMO 2k for the kit plus a LT1/4 build makes the LS swap more attractive.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:49 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts

But you get to keep ABS, ASR and factory instrument cluster with their kit. I still have my 93 for sale(and will consider trading it in on a nice zf6 car, don't care anymore), and this kit is what makes me want to get a 94 and up C4.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:52 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts

No, had nothing to do with the torqhead kit at all. The engine failure was due to a bad engine builder in Houston. Have not ridden in his car yet.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:48 AM
GRKLGHTNG
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchTarga94
Following this big time. EFI connection doesn't care about LT1 C4's at all it appears through my conversations with them. This is great news.
I know I'm replying to a 1-1/2 old post you made, but had to none the less. I've actually tried to contact EFI Connection recently, on several occasions, to no avail. No one picks up the phone, you just get a recoding that no one is available, and they allow you to leave a message. Well, I left a short message, with my name and phone #, 3 weeks ago...still waiting. I just discovered Torq Head, and will look into them further.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:26 PM
Spirited1
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Not available for 1992 per the chat line - today ...

Originally Posted by Blueblood85
http://www.torqhead.com/buy-24xlink-products.html

I have an email into them for the 1992-93 just waiting for a reply. Clicking through the drop down menu's though it does show that they do have kits for the 1994-97 (Y-body too, not just F). If their kit actually works for us and retains full dash function we may just have a winner! Especially since you can purchase as a complete kit including HP Tuners. I'll update this thread once I hear back from them.

I did a search for torqhead on here and found nothing. If anybody has talked with them or used them please chime in.
Old 07-15-2020, 12:19 PM
madwoody666
2nd Gear

Default 93 corvette 24x swap

I just finished swapping my 93 vette to 24x. Was not as easy as a 94 plug and play kit but it can be done.
I used the holley terminator X, EFI's 24x reluctor ring, drilled out my intake for a cam sync plug, and kept the Opti only to wake up the stock computers and a handful of oem sensors. I was able to retain the ABS, ASR, Air bags, etc. If the opti ever goes out the car will run no problem but the check engine and stock modules will not wake up.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:11 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 559 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by madwoody666
I just finished swapping my 93 vette to 24x. Was not as easy as a 94 plug and play kit but it can be done.
I used the holley terminator X, EFI's 24x reluctor ring, drilled out my intake for a cam sync plug, and kept the Opti only to wake up the stock computers and a handful of oem sensors. I was able to retain the ABS, ASR, Air bags, etc. If the opti ever goes out the car will run no problem but the check engine and stock modules will not wake up.
what are the advantages? (Vs 93’s speed density $da2)

do you have sequential fire injector capability?

if the only advantage is ‘you got rid of the optispark’, thats not an advantage

I have full confidence in my vented OEM Gen 2 (converted) optispark with mitsubishi sensor

Last edited by dizwiz24; 07-15-2020 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 02:35 PM
JoeNova
Burning Brakes

Received 244 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
what are the advantages? (Vs 93’s speed density $da2)

do you have sequential fire injector capability?

if the only advantage is ‘you got rid of the optispark’, thats not an advantage

I have full confidence in my vented OEM Gen 2 (converted) optispark with mitsubishi sensor
If he's using the Terminator X instead of a 411 PCM, then he is using something light years ahead of what they could even conceive in 93, even if it is Holley's lowest offering.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:21 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Originally Posted by JoeNova
If he's using the Terminator X instead of a 411 PCM, then he is using something light years ahead of what they could even conceive in 93, even if it is Holley's lowest offering.
ok whats it do differently?

Old 07-15-2020, 03:56 PM
JoeNova
Burning Brakes

ok whats it do differently?
You mean besides:
-Drive by wire control.
-Fully programmable electronic transmission control for 60e/80e,
-Launch control features: brake/bump, 2 step (multiple strategies), timing/boost ramps from launch, staging assist.
-Native Wideband input.
-Closed loop fueling/EGO correction/AFR safeties based on wideband input.
-Self tuning VE based on AFR target table and native wideband feedback.
-Native boost and nitrous control:
--Boost Control – Boost vs Time, Boost vs Gear, Boost vs RPM, Boost vs Speed, Boost Safeties.
--Nitrous Control – Single Channel of Wet or Dry, Progressive or Non-Progressive, Rich/Lean Safeties, and target Closed Loop AFR.

-Built in Fuel and Oil pressure logging and safety shutdowns.
-Integrated Datalogging on the SD card so no laptop is required for logs.
-4 configurable inputs that can be used for digital or analog and can be used to control multiple ECU functions.
-4 configurable outputs that are digital/PWM capable and can be used to control anything based on any chosen ECU parameter.
--(You can literally input an EGT sensor, and then use a PWM output to pulse a water/meth injection kit in order to maintain a target EGT)
--Can also kick on emergency coolant fans, trans cooler fans, 2nd fuel pump, etc, based on whichever engine parameters you wish.
-Full sequential fuel/ignition, with the ability to fire 8 separate ignition coils (LS).
-No more g/cyl calculations for tables, you can use true RPM/MAP for timing/fueling.
-Flex fuel support that will auto-adjust fuel/timing based on ethanol % (no individual tables needed).
-Included handheld controller that can be used as an on-the-fly tuner and boost controller.
-The best closed loop Idle/EGO/boost control anywhere.
-Built in diagnostic LEDs to let you know what is happening in case of several types of failures/shutdowns.
-I'm getting bored explaining the benefits so I'll leave it at those.

You're right, compared to the DA2 it probably doesn't do much.
The following users liked this post:
Nomake Wan (07-15-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 04:01 PM
madwoody666
2nd Gear

The benefit it sequential injection easier tuning software with auto tune for the afr. Also having a procharged lt1 tuning for for boost I'm not limited to VE tables meant for a single bar map. I'm impressed with the holley terminator for the price and you can get it with a trans controller built in. I may put a 4l80 in sometime in the near future.

Night and day difference in the technology in the computer. My stock computer was rebuilt once already as it would get heat soaked and not restart when hot. I didn't trust it much given it was rebuilt so I updated to 24x.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:05 PM
PacerX
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNova
You mean besides:
-Drive by wire control.
-Fully programmable electronic transmission control for 60e/80e,
-Launch control features: brake/bump, 2 step (multiple strategies), timing/boost ramps from launch, staging assist.
-Native Wideband input.
-Closed loop fueling/EGO correction/AFR safeties based on wideband input.
-Self tuning VE based on AFR target table and native wideband feedback.
-Native boost and nitrous control:
--Boost Control – Boost vs Time, Boost vs Gear, Boost vs RPM, Boost vs Speed, Boost Safeties.
--Nitrous Control – Single Channel of Wet or Dry, Progressive or Non-Progressive, Rich/Lean Safeties, and target Closed Loop AFR.

-Built in Fuel and Oil pressure logging and safety shutdowns.
-Integrated Datalogging on the SD card so no laptop is required for logs.
-4 configurable inputs that can be used for digital or analog and can be used to control multiple ECU functions.
-4 configurable outputs that are digital/PWM capable and can be used to control anything based on any chosen ECU parameter.
--(You can literally input an EGT sensor, and then use a PWM output to pulse a water/meth injection kit in order to maintain a target EGT)
--Can also kick on emergency coolant fans, trans cooler fans, 2nd fuel pump, etc, based on whichever engine parameters you wish.
-Full sequential fuel/ignition, with the ability to fire 8 separate ignition coils (LS).
-No more g/cyl calculations for tables, you can use true RPM/MAP for timing/fueling.
-Flex fuel support that will auto-adjust fuel/timing based on ethanol % (no individual tables needed).
-Included handheld controller that can be used as an on-the-fly tuner and boost controller.
-The best closed loop Idle/EGO/boost control anywhere.
-Built in diagnostic LEDs to let you know what is happening in case of several types of failures/shutdowns.
-I'm getting bored explaining the benefits so I'll leave it at those.

You're right, compared to the DA2 it probably doesn't do much.

Well... I guess that pretty much settles that.

Last edited by PacerX; 07-15-2020 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:16 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Originally Posted by madwoody666
The benefit it sequential injection easier tuning software with auto tune for the afr. Also having a procharged lt1 tuning for for boost I'm not limited to VE tables meant for a single bar map. I'm impressed with the holley terminator for the price and you can get it with a trans controller built in. I may put a 4l80 in sometime in the near future.

Night and day difference in the technology in the computer. My stock computer was rebuilt once already as it would get heat soaked and not restart when hot. I didn't trust it much given it was rebuilt so I updated to 24x.
i have a 2 bar MAP on my 93’s computer.

i like it bc its simple. I dont need a tuner

between an ostrich, tunercat and datacat, I have what i need to tune.

the Holley EFI stuff is nice however

does it also support knock sensor(s)and knock retard?

Old 07-15-2020, 04:18 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Originally Posted by PacerX
Well... I guess that pretty much settles that.
not quite.

if it doesnt support optispark inputs, i dont want it

no way am i taking my chances with coilpacks
Old 07-15-2020, 04:21 PM
JoeNova
Burning Brakes

not quite.

I forgot, you actually asked how you would adapt your optispark to an LS engine if you did the swap LOL.
Also, LS coils are known for going 250k miles without a single one of the 8 failing.

Optisparks are known to fail 8x within that mileage.

You seem completely oblivious to the advancements happening around you. Sadly, that's the typical C4 owner mindset.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:24 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

What do you mean? You already have a coil pack....it's just you're asking it to do 8x the work.
1993C4LT1 (07-16-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 04:48 PM
JoeNova
Burning Brakes

between an ostrich, tunercat and datacat, I have what i need to tune.
the Holley EFI stuff is nice however
You're using 3 programs that combined, are less than a third as capable, and you don't see the issue?
Nomake Wan (07-15-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To Possible 24x conversion option for us...

Old 07-15-2020, 04:56 PM
Nomake Wan
Drifting

Received 594 Likes on 447 Posts

not quite.

Holy hell, you're actually serious. It's hard to find things to smile about in 2020, but thank you for giving me a good laugh.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:07 PM
PacerX
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 204 Posts

Oh yeah...

Optispark vs. LS coilpacks

And the coil packs are somehow WORSE than an Optispark.

K.
Old 07-22-2020, 01:14 AM
luckydekko
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

At least the coil packs are on top

Quick Reply: Possible 24x conversion option for us...