C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Repowering an 84 Crossfire

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 12:12 PM
Buccaneer
Melting Slicks

Location: Arizona - If you don’t know CFI, STOP proliferating the myths around it...
Received 1,005 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibbles
One thing i'll say about the change, i have to really hold back during take off or i will screech my tires.

Yesterday i hit the pedal to hard a few times, first time i left two black marks while trying to get around a bus, saw the marks in my rear view mirror, whoops!
second time, turning left i tap the peday and i get a "screeeeech", i back off quick, try again with less pedal and i get a shorter "screech" and i take off.

Lol
Both in areas with lots of traffic, and a high likelihood of getting a very expensive ticket.

​​​​​​​I need to buy better tires... (Or do i?! )
I know this situation rather well, I use these even on the street if I know I'm going out to play a bit. 255x60x15 M/T ET Street R DRs. Absolutely great tires that will bite hard and launches my car nice and straight. These are M/T new drag radials and I love them. When I launch the car now, its "hold on tight", it's gonna be a great ride. You will not burn these tires much at launch.

Quick Reply: Repowering an 84 Crossfire