C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Fuel Pump Relay Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 11:40 AM
RetiredHippie
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Relay Wiring

Hey guys, back at you all with another question.
the original owner of my car, for whatever reason, messed with the wiring to the FP relay and I’m curious to know if anyone has a link or a picture from the repair manual as to which color wires go to their corresponding pins on the connector.
I would really appreciate any input I can get, hopefully someone sees this fast haha.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:50 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

Originally Posted by RetiredHippie
Hey guys, back at you all with another question.
the original owner of my car, for whatever reason, messed with the wiring to the FP relay and I’m curious to know if anyone has a link or a picture from the repair manual as to which color wires go to their corresponding pins on the connector.
I would really appreciate any input I can get, hopefully someone sees this fast haha.
Year matters!!

I'd suggest you actually get a correct year FSM (Factory Service Manual) so that you have first hand information at your finger tips. Did you ask the PO if there was a reason for his changes? Might have been a "real reason" the change was made.

You're sure it's the FP relay?
Old 09-25-2017, 12:09 PM
RetiredHippie
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Year matters!!

I'd suggest you actually get a correct year FSM (Factory Service Manual) so that you have first hand information at your finger tips. Did you ask the PO if there was a reason for his changes? Might have been a "real reason" the change was made.

You're sure it's the FP relay?
Just found a diagram online; made the nessisiary fix haha.
I bought the car (84 crossfire) as a project and one of the things I discovered is the relay was wired backwards, there for shorting itself out and frying a hole in the sides of it. Whoever was the one trying to restore it did not know how to do electrical repairs and I’ve been finding nightmares all over. As in, splice connectors. *shivers*
Long story short, I fixed that problem. Now onto getting a new relay and hunting other problem...
Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel Pump Relay Wiring

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Relay Wiring