C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

C4 stereo problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 10:12 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by jimwyn2
Problem solved! Thanks1
I understand you kind of new to the Forum with a few posts, but it courteous to the members who put their time and thought into helping you fix your problem. Everybody gives their thoughts and you never know which one might right as all help to put a picture puzzle together as to understand what really happening

Everybody wants to know what was wrong and what repaired it. People want to know how close they were to hitting the target. In addition putting the information back out in the Forum will help someone else possible with the same problem as many people read the threads even though they might not have contributed.

So what was the repair ?
Old 04-14-2018, 02:42 PM
jimwyn2
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pcolt94
I understand you kind of new to the Forum with a few posts, but it courteous to the members who put their time and thought into helping you fix your problem. Everybody gives their thoughts and you never know which one might right as all help to put a picture puzzle together as to understand what really happening

Everybody wants to know what was wrong and what repaired it. People want to know how close they were to hitting the target. In addition putting the information back out in the Forum will help someone else possible with the same problem as many people read the threads even though they might not have contributed.

So what was the repair ?
Found both the amp and the speaker were bad. Was able to troubleshoot by using the other rear speaker and amp.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:56 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by jimwyn2
Found both the amp and the speaker were bad. Was able to troubleshoot by using the other rear speaker and amp.
Thank You for the feedback.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:09 PM
racerog1
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Head Unit/Speakers for 94 Vette

Our cars are a bit noisy by their nature so its hard to get your sound system right - I've tried adding a Sony amp, speakers, CD changer and even a BT module to my stock (non-bose) radio - but alas - it still sounds kinda crappy (static noise/ hiss) so now I'm thinking of replacing the head unit with a Pioneer or other double din touchscreen style -
I would sure appreciate any tips or guidance before I do this swap....?
Old 04-14-2018, 10:38 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
Maybe you need to but ask yourself this. How important is it to you that you have THIS unit working? If you don't care about the radio, leave it alone. If you want a better unit, shell out a few bucks to have some guy break his back for you crawling around there and laying wire for the speakers. That is what I did with Best Buy. I made sure they left a foot on each end extra so I can go home and do the wiring myself. They are young, let them do the back breaking work. You do the soldering part.

Final option is to get someone like Dr Don to fix the parts for you. I don't know him personally so hard to say but others have said he is good. I just dumped the Bose into the trash can and added my own stereo with the modern amenities. Bought brackets for non-Bose and put other speakers in place and it all buttons up nice and neat.

Best part of all is that now I can change the speakers or head unit at whim and not be married to the outdated Bose crap. Yes, it was great at one time but not anymore. Fixing it costs money and makes me have to keep everything Bose. Now that it is gone, no more. I can change the fronts or backs or both and the head unit at will.
everyone talks up dr. Don. But i have had little luck sending parts there. I cannot recommend

Quick Reply: C4 stereo problem