C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Vacuume hoses

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 04:43 PM
robertm1958
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuume hoses

Hello Everyone,
I want to change all of my vacuume lines on my 1994 base coupe since they are cracked and need to be replaced. Trouble is, I don't know the correct hose diameter's or where to get them. I've tried Corvette Central and Ecklers. No help. Can someone please help me? Thank You!
Old 05-25-2018, 07:10 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 703 Likes on 590 Posts

a couple years ago, I replace everything on my 85. only a few sizes are used. most was 5/32" and as I recall, there were only couple different sizes - (i'm thinking) 1/4, 7/32, and maybe 5/16 and 3/8 - ??? I bought a 50 ft, bulk roll of the 5/32" and probably used about half the roll. IIRC, gates brand and bought it through amazon,
Amazon Amazon
. other sizes, in 10 ft rolls, some local, some on-line. while your at it, replace the windshield fluid lines, cruise, and vacuum lines for the fuel line emissions. the emissions lines require lines compatible with gas and oil. I do remember getting the emission line stuff at NAPA. can't recall what's needed on an LT1 car, but my 85 used some plastic tubing assemblies. I was able to replace my patch-work pieces with good used, and NOS. pull some of your original hoses and size-match for your needs.

Last edited by Joe C; 05-25-2018 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:24 AM
belairbrian
Melting Slicks

Received 358 Likes on 290 Posts

Since were talking vacuum hoses, I'll pile on with another question.

I know the HVAC control vacuum hose uses a bulkhead fitting on the firewall so the hose itself doesn't actually go though. Does the hose from the cruise to the brake switch have the same setup or does the hose go all the way through.

That one hose is turning to dust on my 92 Auto.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:03 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

Originally Posted by belairbrian
Since were talking vacuum hoses, I'll pile on with another question.

I know the HVAC control vacuum hose uses a bulkhead fitting on the firewall so the hose itself doesn't actually go though. Does the hose from the cruise to the brake switch have the same setup or does the hose go all the way through.

This on most years was a 'hose & grommet' - I'm quite sure it was actually a part #'d affair (GM # 14091289). In your FSM it's very well illustrated and mentions even APPLYING LUBRICANT AT THE GROMMET.

In your FSM look at or near 9B-3. I had a '93 FSM open at the time and didn't check a '92.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:52 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I know the HVAC control vacuum hose uses a bulkhead fitting on the firewall so the hose itself doesn't actually go though.
I hate to disagree with you but the plastic vacuum tubing that is in clump of wires that are in the bulkhead connector that is bolted to the firewall...is a continuous tube that goes through the firewall.

Unless I am having a total brain fart. That bulkhead connector that is behind the right valve cover area is not a point where the wiring harness separates. But rather it is only a point where GM bolts the harness to the firewall and seals it off from the interior.

Does the hose from the cruise to the brake switch have the same setup or does the hose go all the way through.
As mentioned..the hose runs through the firewall so it is a continuous hose from the cruise servo to the brake pedal switch.

And YES..I have replaced many and I use silicone grease and it is still FUN to get it to go through the firewall mat and all that.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To Vacuume hoses

Quick Reply: Vacuume hoses