C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Power window Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 09:24 AM
roger43
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window Issue

I have a 1994 LT1. Both power windows operate properly from the driver side. The passenger side switch does not work the passenger window. Any suggestions?
Old 05-25-2018, 10:30 AM
TheBlaster9001
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by roger43
I have a 1994 LT1. Both power windows operate properly from the driver side. The passenger side switch does not work the passenger window. Any suggestions?
I'd check out the passenger side switch first. Pull the door panel, check that the switch actually closes a circuit by using the 'continuity test' on a multimeter. I suspect the switch is shot, I had one go intermittent then fail, was 9 bucks for a new one.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:41 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

On a 1994 the power window switch as to be removed in order to take the door panel off.

In some instances the wiring harness connectors can also be pulled through the hole in the door panel where the swithc is installed...so all testing can be done and the door panel does not need to be removed. But it still may required for it to be removed.

The switch for this car is a lot more than $9.

Not being there to preform tests..I would be it is in the switch but like I just wrote...I have no clue if something is not right causing it to not work off that switch.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To Power window Issue

Quick Reply: Power window Issue