C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Regearing Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 04:13 PM
drcook
Safety Car

Received 959 Likes on 734 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

You are above the average user in knowledge and ability regarding computers. That is why I hesitate recommending advanced solutions to folks that may not have that knowledge. That is why sometimes I come across as a curmudgeon regarding software and machines. I did too much support, too much analysis. I even used to know how to control the pocket the cards were punched from on a card punch machine.

How is that for being "old school".

I hooked Google calendar into the website the Corvette club I (at the moment) belong to. However, since we are not reupping our membership this year, I couldn't teach the folks that are going to maintain it on a going forward basis how I really updated it. I stripped the data from the NCCC website, loaded it into a spreadsheet, edited it out and mass loaded it into the calendar then went back and fine tuned the entries.

If I tried to teach them that, their heads would spin and they would spew vomit while blaspheming mightily.

Can you provide a link as to which Tech2 clone you bought ? There was that thread where everyone was discussing which ones they bought, but I really would like to have a direct link if possible.

The laptop I have was built at the tail end of XP, while 7 was starting to really come online, during the time frame when XP was still supported and you had a choice of which OS to buy. It is not a dinosaur.

Last edited by drcook; 09-11-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:14 AM
2LZ
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm just stoked. Appointment for Monday to get the gearing done. I'm hoping that going from 2.59 to 3.54 wakes it up as much as I've read.
I'm also going to see if the rear end shop has someone they recommend for doing the speedo. If not, then I'll have to get the Jet ordered.
When I get it back, I'll report in on what I think.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:21 AM
JimLentz
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by 2LZ
I'm just stoked. Appointment for Monday to get the gearing done. I'm hoping that going from 2.59 to 3.54 wakes it up as much as I've read.
I'm also going to see if the rear end shop has someone they recommend for doing the speedo. If not, then I'll have to get the Jet ordered.
When I get it back, I'll report in on what I think.
I am very interested to hear what you think of the gear change.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:37 AM
2LZ
Racer

Originally Posted by JimLentz
I am very interested to hear what you think of the gear change.
You and me both!
Not just reading here that the general consensus is that regearing is the best bang for the buck regarding performance gains, but even though my motor is in great shape and spotless internally, it does have almost 130k on it, so I didn't want to stress it out too much with performance parts. This seemed the way to go.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:18 AM
2LZ
Racer

Update: Picked up the car from the rear end shop yesterday. Taking it easy because of the short break-in process but wow, the car is far more responsive, even just driving normally. Roll on the gas, far more seat of the pants pull, even with a basically stock LT1.

Works out kind of like this.
2.59 gears - It's like a cramped Coupe DeVille with a really bad ride.
3.54 gears - Now it's acting like a Corvette should.

The speedo is wacky. It's amazing how fast I can hit 95! ;-) Need to get that calibrated.
I think I'm really going to like this.

Quick Reply: Regearing Question