C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

pke not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 02:27 AM
doityourself
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pke not working

is there a diagnostic scanner on market that will find trouble in pke system . doors will not lock or unlock by fob car will not start and when it dose start the horns cycling beeps although there more like grunts . I've tried to start 100 times in last week and its started 4 times and when you turn off that's it ,no more till next time whenever that is I haven't figured , tried programing fob , nothing .
Old 10-22-2018, 04:41 PM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by doityourself
is there a diagnostic scanner on market that will find trouble in pke system . doors will not lock or unlock by fob car will not start and when it dose start the horns cycling beeps although there more like grunts . I've tried to start 100 times in last week and its started 4 times and when you turn off that's it ,no more till next time whenever that is I haven't figured , tried programing fob , nothing .
You have two problems, PKE is not responsible for your starting problem. PKE does not keep the car from starting. Describe what exactly happens when you try to start the car. Does it turn over? Is there a whine? A click? If you just turn the key on do the electronics seem to work? Is there even any juice left in the battery? Also, what happened when you tried to reprogram the fob? Details please. And what year/type of car?
Old 10-22-2018, 05:28 PM
doityourself
Intermediate

Originally Posted by markKlein
You have two problems, PKE is not responsible for your starting problem. PKE does not keep the car from starting. Describe what exactly happens when you try to start the car. Does it turn over? Is there a whine? A click? If you just turn the key on do the electronics seem to work? Is there even any juice left in the battery? Also, what happened when you tried to reprogram the fob? Details please. And what year/type of car?
oh I beg to differ , battery good , when it wont start there is nadda 0 not a sound so after trying all , went to fuse for pke pulled out and car started ,turn off 3 more times and started ,I don't know if computer will object , if not fuse can stay on carpet .the pke will not let car start too , it thinks its being stolen but when you put the chip key in it should solve it . but its so smart its stupid .when reprograming fob nothing gm could at least put a lite on it , this is 1996 coupe automatic that butten has never worked since I bought a few months ago

Last edited by doityourself; 10-22-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:51 PM
alucius10
2nd Gear

sounds like a VATS problem if it is a VATS equipped car. It may require a bypass kit unless it is a 96 which has the VATS built into the ECM.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:07 PM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by doityourself
oh I beg to differ , battery good , when it wont start there is nadda 0 not a sound so after trying all , went to fuse for pke pulled out and car started ,turn off 3 more times and started ,I don't know if computer will object , if not fuse can stay on carpet .the pke will not let car start too , it thinks its being stolen but when you put the chip key in it should solve it . but its so smart its stupid .when reprograming fob nothing gm could at least put a lite on it , this is 1996 coupe automatic that butten has never worked since I bought a few months ago
PKE does not stop the car from being stolen. The odds are about 100 to 1 against some super weird short circuit or something in the PKE causing the no start problem. You appear to contradict yourself, you say you tried to start it 100 times but couldn't, then you say it starts fine if the PKE fuse is out. (Which one, there are 3.) Why can't you get the car started if pulling the fuse fixes the problem? I'm not sure what"put a lite on it" means. What button has never worked? Has the fob ever worked since you bought it? Does the PKE light come on for 2 seconds when you turn the key on? Do you have a FSM?

Get notified of new replies

To pke not working

Quick Reply: pke not working