C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1996 Bin files - Help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 05:42 PM
Clock-work
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

More success: I now have a factory stock LT4 tune installed minus VATS. It runs (idles) a little different than my old tune file. I want to drive it now and see how it behaves. I don’t expect the running qualities to be perfect as my engine is far from stock, but again, this it a learning experience.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:44 PM
drcook
Safety Car

Received 962 Likes on 736 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

Look at this, might be a very worthwhile investment now

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27495490710...AAAOSwjMZhSRYK

The dedicated XP laptop I have has a SSD in it so I don't have to worry about an old hard drive crashing. The more you can make it dependable, the better off you will be. Uninstall anything not related to the Jet tuner, after all you don't need it for anything else.

Last edited by drcook; 09-22-2021 at 05:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Clock-work (09-22-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 06:14 PM
Clock-work
Advanced

I did have a nice little ASUS netbook with an SSD and it was used exclusively for data collection, connecting to electronic modules for updating firmware, etc etc. I recently broke it physically (can’t remember) but I’d rather find another than pump money into this Compaq. The Compaq is anything but...

Did a little drive up to full temp and kept an eye on the A/F meter. Definitely runs lean at anything over 1/4 and up to 7/8 throttle. At wide open I see about 12.8-1 but all the range is way too lean generally. Now I’m curious to see what Gary’s modified Grand Sport tune looks like. I better shut off VATS again before I forget. He didn’t have an A/F meter at his disposal so I’m expecting almost anything...

Stay Tuned 😉
Old 09-22-2021, 08:08 PM
Clock-work
Advanced

Is there an option to display a 3D graph in Jet DST? If there is I can’t find it.

The A/F ratios I’m experiencing while monitoring the meter are, in my opinion, wrong. Cruise is on the generally rich side, <13-1 while increasing manifold pressure is causing mixture to go lean, > 17-1. I’d like to see a 3D map view of the manifold pressure vs RPM vs A/F ratio. Is it possible? Thanks.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:44 AM
Clock-work
Advanced

Never mind about the 3D map thing. When looking at the various number arrays, if the array happens to be constructed from three different data sources you can select one of the graph symbols at the bottom edge of the toolbar and a 3D interpretation of the data will appear. Cool 😎

Quick Reply: 1996 Bin files - Help please