C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Clutch Hydraulics Slave and clutch master 2019

Old 01-06-2019, 06:09 PM
CaptainMerricka
CF Senior Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Clutch Hydraulics Slave and clutch master 2019

Well since Jim closed Power Torque, I have been looking for hydraulics parts. Most parts will sell you crummy cast steel replacement pieces(Grey,Rough surface) instead of O.E. style stamped steel (painted black, smooth). I actually have done all this before with the hydraulics, but the shop I took my parts too never installed them; then proceeded to lose them.
For the clutch master cylinder, Bill with ZFDoc can rebuild an OEM smooth extruded steel/ black painted clutch masters. Trouble is finding an OEM to rebuild. Search here in classifieds,Ebay, or Corvette salvage yards.
For the clutch slave, ZFDOC rebuilds them too, but you can now buy correct steel replacement slaves. I got my first one from Wilcox corvette. Their picture online shows it as correct steel slave but unfortunately I received a crummy cast steel/ grey replacement instead. I'm still working that out. So I ordered a second time from vette2vette and received a nice oem style steel replacement. Corvette Central also offers the steel replacement just more $ there. So yeah. There is your PSA for C4 clutch hydraulics 2019.

Last edited by CaptainMerricka; 01-06-2019 at 06:13 PM.
The following users liked this post: CaptainMerricka
Red 91 (01-07-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 08:52 PM
9T3VETTE
CF Senior Member

Liked 77 Times in 61 Posts

Good info, thanks for sharing with the community. I was lucky to be one of Jimís last customers. great guy always willing to go the extra mile. Not many around like that anymore!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clutch Hydraulics Slave and clutch master 2019

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: