C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Looking for Opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 05:39 PM
slow-vette
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Looking for Opinions.

I have decided to install a LT4 Hot cam into my L98. For now I will still be using my Mildly ported stock TPI with a new intake coming soon. I have ordered the right spring upgrades for my heads to handle the higher list and the 1.6 roller rockers. Now comes the opinion section. Should I install it "Straight Up" or 4 degrees advanced? Knowing that a Mini Ram is in the future. Unfortunately I also do not have the tools to degree it with the heads on so I know 'Straight Up" is safe but would the 4 degree advance still be safe without doing the degree?

Also I do have long tube headers with a full true dual exhaust with an X pipe with no cats just to complete the picture. Let me know what you guys think. I would really like to hear from people that have actually installed the same cam and have direct experience.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:44 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Do it right and degree the cam. It’s not that hard and the degree wheel and piston stop don’t add up to much. I’m sure many just bolt the cam in, but I like to do things right and not wonder if it’s ok.

Last edited by 383vett; 03-02-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking for Opinions.