C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1995 lt1, driver window problems.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:28 PM
Droldaerd

Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1995 lt1, driver window problems.

Driver window will work for one or two presses of the switch, then will stop working. If I turn the car off and kill all aux power by opening the door, and wait 5 seconds, I can use the window again in the same loop.

I replaced the driver side control panel because the mirror switch was messed up anyways. Still have the same problem with the window though. What is my next step?

I was thinking of replacing the motor, but the window also seems to be a little off track. If it is rolled all the way up, it clips the edge of car near the back side at the top. I have to slightly roll it down, close the door, and then snug it back up.

Should I replace just the motor or the whole assembly?
Old 04-15-2019, 10:11 PM
RCL95

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A broken widow guide will make the window get out of alignment and hit the door pillar. My passenger window was stuck in up position and glass was hiiting pillar. Replaced the guide and now it works perfect. the motor was fine it was just binded up by the broken guide, a $20 part.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:21 PM
Droldaerd

Originally Posted by RCL95 View Post
A broken widow guide will make the window get out of alignment and hit the door pillar. My passenger window was stuck in up position and glass was hiiting pillar. Replaced the guide and now it works perfect. the motor was fine it was just binded up by the broken guide, a $20 part.
Where can I purchase it?
Old 04-16-2019, 08:00 PM
Droldaerd

My window isnt stuck though, so I was thinking of just purchasing this:
Door motor

Last edited by Droldaerd; 04-16-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:54 PM
Mr. Peabody
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Recieved 160 Likes on 139 Posts

1) It is generally much easier IMHO to replace the window regulator assembly (which contains the motor & harness) rather than just the motor.

2) in regards to your question of adjusting the upper back corner of the window look and post # 5 in this post. Look at the drawing at the bottom of the post. The adjuster I believe you need to solve your issue is the one circled in GREEN. Note that is a dwg of the passenger side door. If you look at post # 11 the dwg at the very bottom of those installation instructions shows the bracket that need to be adjusted. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...questions.html

Hope this helps
Old 04-20-2019, 01:44 AM
BLKMAMBA
CF Senior Member

Recieved 20 Likes on 19 Posts

those pictures don't show the actual guide which is usually broke. I had to replace the guides on mine as well as the stops(which you can not buy new) I purchased 2 new guides L&R from CC and the stops which mine were bent from http://mirrockcorvette.com/

Guides https://www.corvettecentral.com/c4-8...es%26count%3d9
Old 04-20-2019, 08:38 AM
fake
CF Senior Member

Recieved 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Had the same problem door switch shorted bought a junk yard replacement for one hundred dollars, i believe DSr Rebuild has new ones
Old 04-20-2019, 12:37 PM
Droldaerd

Thank you so much for the info. Finishing some engine work and ill be on this repair next!

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: