Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

84 Corvette Journey

Old 06-19-2019, 09:44 PM
Gibbles
CF Senior Member

Received 80 Likes on 76 Posts

Last i heard he no longer offered it.
I have the innovate brand one, but i think the aem branded one has higher reviews...
Old 06-20-2019, 01:37 AM
Buccaneer
CF Senior Member

Received 169 Likes on 144 Posts

Unfortunately I don't remember which one is in mine right now, maybe Bosch? I've had a few different ones over the years. There is a good app called Snag-It that does a great job capturing things you can even do an instructional vid with it. It isn't free, but not that pricey either. There shouldn't be an issue capturing TP table screens anyway.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:48 PM
GregMartin
CF Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibbles View Post
Last i heard he no longer offered it.
I have the innovate brand one, but i think the aem branded one has higher reviews...
Yep Rbob got back to me. He said they were out of stock and not sure when the would be making any more.
I was planing on using a WB controller that can simulate NB for the BLM and INT but I have heard they are too slow. What are peopleís thoughts and experiences with using the WB to do NB as well?
Old 07-10-2019, 08:29 AM
GregMartin
CF Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Wbo2

Ok
I have now installed a LC-2 wide band O2 sensor and it has made a big difference. The EBL Flash II ECM can learn the VE table values but you really need a wide band O2 sensor to do it. I tried with the Narrow Band and spent a bit of time smoothing the values but the tuning wasnít that good.
All the advice I got was to install a WB (thanks Buccaneer and others). I didnít really want to but I came to realize that it was mandatory to get a decent tune.
I forced the ECM into open loop operation by setting the closed loop CTS threshold to 150 Deg C and then did about six consecutive VE learns. The car is running very well now. I plane on doing some dyno runs in the near future so I will keep you all posted. Also whilst no two engines are the same, if anyone has a similar set up and would like my table values just PM me and Iím share what I have. I expect I will be able to make even more advances on the dyno.

Last edited by GregMartin; 07-10-2019 at 08:31 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:48 PM
Buccaneer
CF Senior Member

Received 169 Likes on 144 Posts

Nice! That WB makes all the difference in the world when trying to tune and saves a lot of time. I can't wait to hear from you about the dyno pulls on Ben's dyno.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 84 Corvette Journey

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: