C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

TunerPro help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 09:58 PM
tequilaboy
Melting Slicks

Received 256 Likes on 214 Posts

At 1,000 rpm and no load (in neutral/clutch disengaged), I would expect ~10 gm/sec flow rate for warm/hot coolant temperature. So you can adjust your maf to read ~10 gm/sec at 1,000 rpm in ALDL mode and monitor the BLM behavior once in closed loop. Use the BLM as your rich/lean indicator.

If the BLM is too rich or too lean (and if you trust everything else to be correct, a big if), you can adjust the MAF or fuel pressure as a crude method to compensate for the mixture error, or you can tune it properly by re-programming the eprom accordingly.
Old 06-07-2020, 10:06 PM
jseremba
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

This is great information. Thank you
Old 06-29-2020, 10:26 PM
KyleF
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomake Wan
As a result, if you remove the MAF, the ECM has no way of measuring airflow whatsoever and will shut the engine off immediately.
No it doesn't.... It has a back up mode that runs off set tables

I am a man with a failed MAF that is disconnected and waiting for me to bite the bullet and install the EBL. Car runs great, plug MAF in, it stumbles, coughs, and dies erratically. Un plug the MAF anf go have a happy drive. Gets lean up top though so no racing, but cruises just fine.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:38 PM
jseremba
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Thank you. for the advice.
So you are installing the Dynamic EFI EBL. Something I am really considering.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:51 AM
Nomake Wan
Drifting

Received 594 Likes on 447 Posts

Originally Posted by KyleF
No it doesn't.... It has a back up mode that runs off set tables

I am a man with a failed MAF that is disconnected and waiting for me to bite the bullet and install the EBL. Car runs great, plug MAF in, it stumbles, coughs, and dies erratically. Un plug the MAF anf go have a happy drive. Gets lean up top though so no racing, but cruises just fine.
That's...interesting. It doesn't have a MAP sensor like the LT1/LT4 do, so...how is it calculating load? "Tables" sure, but the only input it'll have at that point is throttle position and RPM. So...I mean, I'm curious, I suppose, what it's doing to keep running without any idea how much air is getting into the air pump.

Quick Reply: TunerPro help