C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Fuel Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2023, 11:34 AM
YTEE
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fuel Injectors

Sorry for rehashing what HAS to be a heavily talked about topic, but the information I've found to this point is old (like 2009 old).

I am in need of a good, but moderately priced set of fuel injectors for my 1993 40th anniversary C4. I'd appreciate any input. So far as I know the car has no modifications so as close to stock as possible unless I can slip something in that would get a few more ponies without a complete re-tune. I see them out there from $60, I see them for $600.

Thoughts?

Thanks
YTEE
Old 07-03-2023, 12:46 PM
Incorvettei
Burning Brakes

Received 310 Likes on 225 Posts

Why do you need new injectors? It is possible to remove them and have them cleaned
Old 07-03-2023, 02:08 PM
YTEE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Incorvettei
Why do you need new injectors? It is possible to remove them and have them cleaned
Agreed, I cleaned them and they are just acting odd enough that I think it's time. I bought my C4 from a party and from what I got from him and the paperwork, it's been sitting for 10 years and the fuel in the tank was as NASTY as I've ever seen and I think that was where my issue began
Old 07-03-2023, 02:59 PM
frosted
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I bought a reman flow matched set from FIC for my 91 with the gasket set and a new pressure diaphragm. Car definitely runs smoother, starts immediately always etc I'm very satisfied. If I ever need to change the injectors again I'll choose a set of all new flow matched just because changing these was so worth the money. I do know some haven't had any change, so YMMV.
The following users liked this post:
YTEE (07-09-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 03:13 PM
car addict
Burning Brakes

Received 232 Likes on 181 Posts

FIC, fyi, is Fuel Injector Connection. They have a website and will help you on the phone. (at least that's their history and reputation here)
The following 3 users liked this post by car addict:
frosted (07-03-2023), puufgone (07-10-2023), YTEE (07-09-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 03:19 PM
Vets-Vet
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 165 Posts

I always learn the hard way. I bought mine from a place in New York or New jersey can't remember which. One of the eight injectors measures 14 ohms and the rest 16. My car is not running right, probably not the refurbished injectors but while I was into the top end I thought I might send them back and have them tested to make sure. So I emailed them and explained the situation and asked the cost. $160 to test their injectors, no mention if 14 ohms was out of spec. When I bought them the injectors + shipping were $190.
YTEE (07-09-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 08:39 PM
Hit Man X
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I need some for my L98 and FIC comes highly rated. They also have a July 4 sale on as of this post. Going to place my order and get on with life.
YTEE (07-09-2023)
Old 07-04-2023, 11:49 PM
KrK96Vette
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Mine are ACCEL flow checked and stamped by Jim at TPIS. One of the best replacement parts I've done. As soon as I changed them out, the car idles and accelerates smooth at all throttle ranges. I like ACCEL parts for the C4. Of course, they fall under Holley now like MSD and Mallory.
YTEE (07-09-2023)
Old 07-09-2023, 01:25 AM
carson
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another vote for Fuel Injector Connection.

Replace fuel filter and flush all lines. Also disassemble the fuel pressure regulator and clean it out. Had one that had sat for 5 years or so and the ethanol gas had turned green and left green gunk that would have clogged new injectors is not flushed out of all fuel lines.
YTEE (07-09-2023)
Old 07-09-2023, 10:13 AM
YTEE
Intermediate

Thanks for the advice all.

I have 'Christmas' waiting at my house: a new set of fuel injectors, 2 fuel filters, a two book, red, Chevy Shop Repair manual (CD) and a new 1/2" battery powered ratchet in the mailbox as I type.

We get home tonight and I'll finish the fuel tank clean first thing tomorrow, will see about cleaning the regulator and will flush the lines both ways. I'm gonna change the fuel filter and reassemble. If the old girl comes to life the lines will get replaced.

Thanks again to all. I'll post my results

YTEE
The following 2 users liked this post by YTEE:
frosted (07-09-2023), puufgone (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023, 08:59 AM
colter
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 58 Posts

I bought from FIC. Though several years later I sent them in for cleaning and they found a couple faulty and replaced them.
The following 2 users liked this post by colter:
Hit Man X (07-10-2023), puufgone (07-10-2023)
Old 07-11-2023, 10:13 AM
Faceman89
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by YTEE
Sorry for rehashing what HAS to be a heavily talked about topic, but the information I've found to this point is old (like 2009 old).

I am in need of a good, but moderately priced set of fuel injectors for my 1993 40th anniversary C4. I'd appreciate any input. So far as I know the car has no modifications so as close to stock as possible unless I can slip something in that would get a few more ponies without a complete re-tune. I see them out there from $60, I see them for $600.

Thoughts?

Thanks
YTEE
Got a set of Bosch III injectors from South Bay Fuel Injectors for my 89. Price was good and have had no issues with them.
Old 07-12-2023, 05:26 AM
rhandle
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Can you replace the fuel injector to fuel rail clip? If it doesnt fit,how do you secure the fuel injector safely to avoid leaks
Old 07-12-2023, 07:01 AM
colter
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by rhandle
Can you replace the fuel injector to fuel rail clip? If it doesnt fit,how do you secure the fuel injector safely to avoid leaks
Bosch III injectors don't use the clips. You just wiggle them together. i.e. wiggle the injectors into the manifold. And then wiggle the fuel rail onto the top of the injector. And you just kind of wiggle everything into place until the fuel rail is down onto the manifold. Then tighten the fuel rail down. The Bosch III have a 3rd oring to keep it from going to far down into the manifold.

When you replace fuel injectors. Make sure to get proper oring kit for the fuel rail and go ahead and flush out the fuel rail with something like carb cleaner or something and put new orings in. And this would be a good time to go ahead and replace the fuel pressure regulator as it's probably on it's way out if you've never replaced it.

I replaced the orings in my fuel rail when I did my injectors. And then a decade later one of the fuel rail orings sprung a leak. And so I had to tear it back down to redo the orings. And I sent the injectors back to FIC to have them cleaned and have the filter baskets replaced, etc. I think they found a couple of bad injectors that got replaced.
Old 07-13-2023, 10:27 PM
Ricks94vette
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I sent my for testing and cleaning to witchhunter.com years ago. All came back rebuilt and still running beautifully.
Old 07-14-2023, 08:37 AM
YTEE
Intermediate

Thanks to everyone for the advice and input. Installed the new injectors, cleaned the tank ('bout threw up) and fuel lines, replaced the fuel filter. Turned the key and guess what?!?! IT IS ALIVE!

Now I just need a little advice on brakes and how to straighten a slightly bent front part of the frame. Looks to be the passenger side, forward of the front wheel (I haven't gotten measurements, but I'm 90% sure it's 'just' the area in front of the wheel....hood will NOT line up---fingers crossed that's 'all' that needs straightening ; )

YTEE
The following 2 users liked this post by YTEE:
Hit Man X (07-17-2023), Ricks94vette (07-14-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel Injectors

Quick Reply: Fuel Injectors