C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Nitrous switch question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 08:51 PM
VetteNoob
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Nitrous switch question

Is there such a switch for nitrous that will allow for speed consideration as well as a WOT throttle switch? The reason I ask is because I would like for the nitrous to be able to engage under WOT after 30 mph.

Is there any reason this would be a bad thing to want to do? Does this type of switch exist? Im thinking about giving the L98 a little boost, but it spins tires enough as it is off the line so my thinking is to get the added help once the vette is rolling.

Any info would be appreciated.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:14 PM
95AquaC4
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Nitrous switch question (VetteNoob)

Technically,such a thing does exist. It's called a progressive controller. It doesnt work with RPM or MPH, but simply with seconds. Delay as many seconds as you feel you need. Trial and error. You can customize it to your needs. Adjust it low, and adjust to come in full when already rolling good. This will eliminate nitrous spin.

[Modified by 95AquaC4, 9:21 PM 3/5/2003]
Old 03-06-2003, 01:55 PM
SPD DMN
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Nitrous switch question (95AquaC4)

The only RPM specific controller is the Mastermind but it is garbage. All of the othe ones that I know of are time based as Aqua said. I have never seen one that was speed dependent though.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:12 PM
VetteNoob
Le Mans Master

Default Re:

Has anyone every tried to convert a RPM switch to obtain the signal from the ECM speedo? Only thing about the timed switches that I dont like is the already rolling WOT situations. Could the delay switches be enabled and disabled on the fly?

Get notified of new replies

To Nitrous switch question

Quick Reply: Nitrous switch question