C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

This weeks problem: car won't start. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 07:23 PM
torque91
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default This weeks problem: car won't start. Please help!

I just changed the oil in the '91 and now it seems that the starter has gone out. I started her up to warm the oil and had no problem. After the change (which, btw, I don't plan to do myself again), I went to start her and nothing. I checked the gear selector to make sure it was in park and tried again. Nothing. With the key on, the ABS dash light flickers and you hear a faint clicking (not like when the battery is dead). She did this same thing about 5 years ago and then started right up like nothing had happened. Does this sound like a bad starter or could it be something else? I think she just don't want to turn over 200,000 miles.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:33 PM
brookman
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: This weeks problem: car won't start. Please help! (torque91)

I had a bizarre problem like this with my VATS the other day. Disconnect the battery and re connect it. Mine started right up.
Old 04-24-2004, 01:34 AM
torque91
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: This weeks problem: car won't start. Please help! (torque91)

Strangest thing, I pulled the ABS fuse and the car starts. I replaced the fuse and the car doesn't start. When the car started, the gas gauge showed no bars. The SYS message would flash and a bar would appear on the gas gauge. It did this until the gauge read normal then no more SYS. I haven't tried replacing the fuse since.

Get notified of new replies

To This weeks problem: car won't start. Please help!

Quick Reply: This weeks problem: car won't start. Please help!