C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

lowering my 95 vert.

Old 07-31-2001, 02:30 AM
gottaspeed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm fixin to tackle this job with the kit from mid-america. anyone used this, and any tips or tricks.

Old 07-31-2001, 03:19 AM
Q1KSLVR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on the kit....

I did the whole job in a few hours, but I work on 'vettes all the time.

The back is very easy... just takes a few minutes after the car is on the jack stands.

The front is a different story. I would not tackle that one if I wasn't sure what I was doing... There is a lot that can go wrong (true with either job) and you have to be careful!

SAVE THE WAVE!

Old 07-31-2001, 11:53 AM
SPD DMN
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Took me about 6 hours to do this in my garage. I did not use the wedges that came with the kit. You will be hitting stuff on the road more with the x-brace under the car. You tend to get used to looking for stuff, but it can still surprise you every now and then.

It is easiest if you have the service manual that takes you step by step on removing the front spring. I had to use some blocks on top of my jack to get the car high enough to remove the spring. I needed about 2.5' of clearance to get it out.

Old 07-31-2001, 11:56 AM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

View my how to section web page at my link. I have done it and it isn't easy, but very doable.....get an assistant for some of it if you can.

Get notified of new replies

To lowering my 95 vert.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lowering my 95 vert.