C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Heater Hose Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2001, 09:04 PM
VetteWave
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to change my heater hoses, but don't know what size and length to get. I would appreciate it if some could let me know the dimensions and the best procedure. Thanks in advance!

Old 07-28-2001, 10:35 PM
jackdaroofer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

These are generally preformed hoses!

Check your GM dealer or "18carfan" on this forum

Jack
Old 07-29-2001, 07:59 AM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

Get the GM hoses. Some of the hoses actually have different diameters on each end. Do you have an oil cooler? If so, the line that runs from the tank to the water pump is very expensive. I buy the non-oil cooler hose from GM and cut it where the "T" in the line is. For the lower portion that goes to the metal tube, I just use regular heater hose. Just measure the old one before you cut the new one. These hoses are a pain in the butt to change. I found it best to remove the belt and tensioner. If you do have the oil cooler, don't forget the two hoses under the car on the driver's side. Many people aren't aware that they are even there.

Old 07-29-2001, 08:59 AM
VetteWave
Drifting

Yes...I have the oil cooler. I figured they would be a pain to change! Thanks.
Originally Posted by vettenuts
Get the GM hoses. Some of the hoses actually have different diameters on each end. Do you have an oil cooler? If so, the line that runs from the tank to the water pump is very expensive. I buy the non-oil cooler hose from GM and cut it where the "T" in the line is. For the lower portion that goes to the metal tube, I just use regular heater hose. Just measure the old one before you cut the new one. These hoses are a pain in the butt to change. I found it best to remove the belt and tensioner. If you do have the oil cooler, don't forget the two hoses under the car on the driver's side. Many people aren't aware that they are even there.

[/color]
Old 07-29-2001, 09:24 AM
89 Bob L
Burning Brakes

Only get GM hoses. They are preformed and are not that much different in price from oem's. While you are at it change all of the hose clamps as well. Use stainless steel

Get notified of new replies

To Heater Hose Replacement

Quick Reply: Heater Hose Replacement