C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Rear height adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 09:07 PM
tsts

Default Rear height adjustment

Replaced rear mono spring two weeks ago and waited till car settled a little to ask this question. The rear of the car is a few inches higher than before the spring replacement. I don't know if the car was too low before replacement, but it is a little high now. Does anyone know the original body height (rear) and what to measure to get it close to factory spec.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Tim
'94 coupe, LT1, Eagle F1-D3's, 6 spd, stock.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:21 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

in my head, the nominal height, I think, is about 27~29"
Old 11-24-2004, 09:17 AM
purplemajesty
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was 27 3/4 before I lowered it, measured at the center of the fender.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:33 AM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

If there is still room between the castle nut and cotter pin hole you can lower it some. If your still not happy, get the longer bolts and set the ride height to whatever you want.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:10 PM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm dropped 2 inches and distance to rhe center of my rear fenderwell is 25 3/4" with a full tank of gas. I would suggest filling up when you set your adjustments, my coil over spring rate is 200 pounds per inch I beeive the monospring is pretty close to that, all that to say the rear end may change depending on the spring rate from a 1/2 " to 3/4" so just make a note of that...

Mo
Old 11-24-2004, 09:17 PM
jackdaroofer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Just be carefull when lowering the rear!

The C4 is designed to have a slightly lower nose (front) for aerodynamic angle of attack. In other words, the rear height has to be some what greater than the front height. This would, I suspect, induce some downforce!

The height differentials are in the shop manuals, sorry mine aren't handy

Jack
Old 11-25-2004, 10:23 AM
tsts

Default rear height adjustment

Thanks for the info all.Agnt 86- When I did the spring I did put in the longer adjustment bolts as a precaution, but I did an initial adjustment equal to the original bolts that were removed. Measuring thru the center of the wheel in a straight line to the top of the arc of the wheel well I've got 28 inches now. This seems the measurement points that are mentioned. Mo Brandy at 25 3/4 in. seems to be the loweset (mine has 3/4 tank of gas now). I'll drop it 1 inch, look at it and maybe go another inch max. after that to keep the front lower than back, THANKS AGAIN - forum members come through again.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks Jack,

That was one thing thatI did forget to mention... you do want to keep the "nose" down...

AS I mentioned, I'm at 25.75" in the front and 27.5 in the back with full tank of fuel... for what it is worth, I'd go lower butI have 5 speed bumps between my house and the street

Mo

Get notified of new replies

To Rear height adjustment

Quick Reply: Rear height adjustment