C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Grounded for life

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 09:12 PM
FD2BLK
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Grounded for life

Well I have been having some crazy problems since I droped my 383 in, miss fire at 4K and the speedo drifting at a stop. Well I found a group of grounds that where way to loose on the bell housing and tightened them and the Speedo problem is gone. I went over every bolt/ground again and found nothing wrong and the miss fire, well still miss fires. I have a couple of things left to check that Pete at delteq told me about and I will see how it goes.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by FD2BLK
Well I have been having some crazy problems since I droped my 383 in, miss fire at 4K and the speedo drifting at a stop. Well I found a group of grounds that where way to loose on the bell housing and tightened them and the Speedo problem is gone. I went over every bolt/ground again and found nothing wrong and the miss fire, well still miss fires. I have a couple of things left to check that Pete at delteq told me about and I will see how it goes.
I remember that fustercluck of grounds from when I took my engine out.Along with the PITA stock convertor brackets they caused me a lot of grief accessing and removing some of the bell housing bolts. The brackets went in the sh*t can and I reconfigured the grounds and ran them elsewhere.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:41 PM
ninetyfivevette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette Kid NC
Along with the PITA stock convertor brackets they caused me a lot of grief accessing and removing some of the bell housing bolts.
OMG do I know what you're talking about!
Old 11-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by ninetyfivevette
OMG do I know what you're talking about!
I'm sure you do if you've been there! And all the bolts that hold the cats to the brackets were frozen so I couldn't get them out of the way first, etc. Pulling the engine was a breeze except for that part. Thank God for the blue flame wrench!
Old 11-24-2004, 11:16 PM
FD2BLK
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Tea that damn cat bracket was part of the problem When I Shi^%$ canned it I didn't check the bolt and it was too long, so I replaced it with a shorter one tonight and all is well, not compleatly but better. I swear if the made the jack *** who decided to put those grounds there take them on and off about a hundred times.

Get notified of new replies

To Grounded for life

Quick Reply: Grounded for life