C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Stereo help................

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 10:13 PM
DMark
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FU
Send the receiver , head unit and all the speakers to Dr. Dons.
Yup! Once any part of the BLOWS system starts to fail - - - everything will begin to quit.

I am sure the C4 Bose is the best example ever of Single Point Failures!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:35 AM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by FU
Send the receiver , head unit and all the speakers to Dr. Dons.
I just got the amps,controller back from Dr.Dons yesterday.Im done working on the car for now.The audio shop is cloooooooooooooooooosed!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:22 AM
FU
NCM Lifetime # 982
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF
I just got the amps,controller back from Dr.Dons yesterday.Im done working on the car for now.The audio shop is cloooooooooooooooooosed!
Your burnt out already ?
How does the system sound now ? Remember this is a Blows . They never sound great (IMO). Decent but not great.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

It doesn't sound as good as I thought it would but I shouldn't have expected much to begin with but at least now it works.I guess decent would sound about right.I think later on down the road Ill put a nice system in the car.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:00 PM
C6FirstVette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Having JUST done the CDM removal and install...it is a PIA BIG Time...yes it is under the glove box buried in a wiring maze... so to access remove the panel above the passenger footwell is required..that is the easy part. Getting the CDM out is the pain...also BIG clue... there are (2) plugs on the left side (meaning side on the center console side) and (3) plugs on the opposite side..why the BIG clue...well there are (4) plug slots in the CDM on that side. I was going crazy trying to find that fourth non existent plug.
I also sent the CDM and the drivers side speaker/amp to Doc Don...got them back today and installed (after a LOT of *##$@*!!!) but what a nice sound!!!
I have a 90 #566 and found out the relocation of the CDM from the area below the glove compartment to passenger side "cargo area" occurred at about the 6 month production of MY 1992.
Michael

Last edited by C6FirstVette; 01-31-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:16 PM
flyin ryan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C6FirstVette
I also sent the CDM and the drivers side speaker/amp to Doc Don...got them back today and installed (after a LOT of *##$@*!!!) but what a nice sound!!!

Michael
installed mine last week, sound is definatly an improvement. he does good work & awesome service.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:37 AM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Having JUST done the CDM removal and install...it is a PIA BIG Time...yes it is under the glove box buried in a wiring maze... so to access remove the panel above the passenger footwell is required..that is the easy part. Getting the CDM out is the pain...also BIG clue... there are (2) plugs on the left side (meaning side on the center console side) and (3) plugs on the opposite side..why the BIG clue...well there are (4) plug slots in the CDM on that side. I was going crazy trying to find that fourth non existent plug.
I have a 90 #566 and found out the relocation of the CDM from the area below the glove compartment to passenger side "cargo area" occurred at about the 6 month production of MY 1992.
Michael
................Out of all the help threads Ive read about the removal of the CDM,none was really helpful.Somebody needs to make a -STICKY- step by step about this box and the hassle,tricks to get it out and back into the car.The fact that the studs on the sides of the box kept popping off didnt help...................I need to shut about the CDM now,people are going to start thinking Im a sniveler.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:59 AM
C6FirstVette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well (I am hoping I not breaking some sort of forum rule by posting this link)... you have this option:

http://www.carstereohelp.com/strcorvette.htm

Excellent details and info, but yes will cost you $15 to get password to site... certainly helped me as I too did not find any helpful DIY stickys on this site or another I use.
Michael
Old 02-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Well (I am hoping I not breaking some sort of forum rule by posting this link)... you have this option:

Excellent details and info, but yes will cost you $15 to get password to site... certainly helped me as I too did not find any helpful DIY stickys on this site or another I use.
Michael
I saw this after I had the thing out.This place wants a fee for instructions and there competing for business with the other guy for the same price on the repair.Im not going to pay for info.People that have done this have the info.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Michael
I saw this after I had the thing out.This place wants a fee for instructions and there competing for business with the other guy for the same price on the repair.Im not going to pay for info.People that have done this have the info and are willing to help.

Quick Reply: Stereo help................