C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

*NEW* Apsis: 90-93 C4 ZR1 D-Type Steering Wheel w/Carbon ...pic

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 01:50 PM
cruban
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
How did you attach the Airbag harness clip that attaches to the backside of the wheel to the SIR clock spring? You either had to bend it to relocate it or just left it floating loosely behind the wheel as it attaches differently. If that's a direct fit then I guess whatever works for you... Great . It looks very good I did this several years ago but did not D the lower portion of the wheel. GC
To be clear, I used the 90 clock spring and air bag with the 92 wheel. everything connected correctly with no issues. The 92 wheel was a core I acquired so I could keep my 90 wheel original. Sorry to all for the derail on this thread, while this worked for me your mileage may vary....

If your on the fence in modifying your wheel, it is very worth it. The wheel not only looks great but feels a ton better. I would recommend getting a core, there is a good lead time in getting it done.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:43 PM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

If anyone needs a wheel to do this I have a number of used steering wheels 90 and 91s.

Just pm me that way you don't have to take your original off for the work to be done.

Quick Reply: *NEW* Apsis: 90-93 C4 ZR1 D-Type Steering Wheel w/Carbon ...pic