Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: 2000 MY/BLK MTI Z07 427ci 6-speed coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 06:30 AM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasser
Car is on the truck safe and sound. Shipping enclosed on a three car trailer. Should have it monday.
Hey Jeff--"something wicked your way comes..." Be ready for it!!!
Old 05-22-2005, 01:17 AM
Gasser
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got a call. Car will be at my door sunday, a day early!

When the guy on the truck tells me how BAD A$$ the car is and has no reason to tell me this, it gets me even more stoked about the car.

By the way, these guys transporting the car are great and I would recomend them to anybody. Very professional and its not one of those huge metal car haulers. Its a three car race type trailer and a superduty truck. They were almost 700 dollars cheaper than anyother large enclosed transport and the car never left the trailer. Most others use a broker and a terminal lot. Not where I wanted this car. If you want the name of this company for transport PM me. They are based out of Oklahoma.

Thanks George!!!!

Jeff
Old 05-23-2005, 01:51 AM
Gasser
Instructor

Well, Just went and picked the car up. Looks great and sounds even better. I am glad it only has the Z06 exhaust as it attracted enough attention that I got pulled over with in 30 seconds of leaving the truk stop. They were watching me and waited on me to leave. I goosed it a little but nothing compared to how I drive my M5. Luckely they just told me to slow down and he had a big grin on his face the whole time.

The car is fast but have not had the chance to roll into it much. It is plenty for what I want to do with the car.

George, the car is as advertised!! We will put it up on the lift tomorrow and I will send the Money ASAP by wire.

My only complaint so far is the idle is a little tempramental when letting off at a light and may die when cold, and it takes a little more throttle on take off in first than I am use to but now that I think about it, my single turbo Supra was the same way. Something I need to live with and work around. I am guessing this is because of the type of clutch and large cam in this thing.

One thing for sure, the pictures don't do this car justice at all. Very clean, LOW and the wheels and tires on this thing are insane.

Later!

Jeff
Old 05-23-2005, 08:05 AM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Gasser
Well, Just went and picked the car up. Looks great and sounds even better. I am glad it only has the Z06 exhaust as it attracted enough attention that I got pulled over with in 30 seconds of leaving the truk stop. They were watching me and waited on me to leave. I goosed it a little but nothing compared to how I drive my M5. Luckely they just told me to slow down and he had a big grin on his face the whole time.

The car is fast but have not had the chance to roll into it much. It is plenty for what I want to do with the car.

George, the car is as advertised!! We will put it up on the lift tomorrow and I will send the Money ASAP by wire.

My only complaint so far is the idle is a little tempramental when letting off at a light and may die when cold, and it takes a little more throttle on take off in first than I am use to but now that I think about it, my single turbo Supra was the same way. Something I need to live with and work around. I am guessing this is because of the type of clutch and large cam in this thing.

One thing for sure, the pictures don't do this car justice at all. Very clean, LOW and the wheels and tires on this thing are insane.

Later!

Jeff
Glad you got the car a bit early Jeff--bet it was tough sleeping last night

The car is a bit cold-blooded w/ that bigger cam & stage 3 clutch--once you get used to it you'll be fine.
I'm very happy you were pleased w/ the car and I always do my best to under-promise & over-deliver in my descriptions.
Be sure you're pointed in a straight line when you're in the lower gears w/ that bad boy

Call me!
Old 05-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Gasser
Instructor

Well I have it figured out and the car is a blast to drive. Just a little learning curve on the light weight flywheel and firm clutch.
The great thing about this car is, I treat lots of neck injurys with ruptured disks at work and with all the necks twisting to get a look at this car, I will have lots of new busness.

Now just a few more mods to get it ready for the road course and I will be set.

Thanks for all your help and trust. I was glad to get to see the car in person before purchase. No problems so far. All the guys at the dealership were drooling over this car.

Thanks again.

Jeff
Old 05-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Hammer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

What state did this car go to?
Old 05-24-2005, 07:30 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

********CAR IS SOLD--ENJOY it Jeff!!*********
Old 05-24-2005, 08:03 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

Congrats on the sale and purchase!! Jeff, can you post the transporter's contact info?

thanks
Bill
Old 05-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Gasser
Instructor

The car went to Oklahoma.

The transport company I used was Elite Auto Transports.

http://eliteauto.itlnet.net/

It was an enclosed three car trailer just like the trailers used for racing but 53 feet long. No huge car haulers or terminals the car has to sit in waiting on a full truck. They pick it up and get on their way. Their pricing was signifantly cheaper than other enclosed trucks I found. Their open rates were about the same.

Very nice group of guys. They Haul A$$ also. They came a day early. I highly recomend them.

Jeff

Quick Reply: FS: 2000 MY/BLK MTI Z07 427ci 6-speed coupe